HR/Payroll Manager - On site
Company: Engineered Yacht Solutions
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*This is an in-office, full-time, permanent position with a
start date of January 9, 2023. * JOB TITLE: Human Resources /
Payroll ManagerEMPLOYER: Engineered Yacht Solutions REPORTS TO:
Thomas McGowan, President SUMMARY: Develops and administers
policies relating to all phases of human resources activity. DUTIES
- Develops and administers company-wide human resources policies,
procedures, and practices in accordance with stated corporate
objectives and federal and state legal requirements.
- Promotes positive employee relations through design,
communication, and interpretation of human resources policies and
- Completes weekly payroll.
- Manages deductions such as benefits, wash payments, and
- Coordinates recruiting and retention strategies and succession
- Coordinates exit interview process and communication of
findings to management.
- Analyzes data, prepares reports and makes recommendations on a
variety of human resources issues.
- Coordinates training programs, personal and career development,
performance appraisal process, and benefit programs.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and
- Coordinates employee-relations activities and programs
including but not limited to employee counseling, interpretation of
policies, new employee orientation, and employee recognition
- Reviews employee relations issues and recommends appropriate
responses to management.
- Prepares and monitors human resources budget.
- Negotiates contracts with outside vendors to provide employee
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates;
actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on the overall activities of the company,
identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 4 years of Human Resources experience.
- Minimum 2 years of managerial experience.
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
- Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels
and from various backgrounds. This includes having the ability to
influence management when appropriate.
- Able to champion new ideas, manage change, and execute on
- Experience in all HR concentration areas such as benefits;
compensation; workforce planning and employment; employee
relations; occupational health, safety, and security; strategic
management; employee development; and training.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical
- Strong business acumen.
- Strategic thinker who can see long-term goals and balance
against short and intermediate-term needs.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare reports and company-wide business
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at
all organizational levels.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within
constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Bilingual skills are a plus.
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce now is a plus. COMPETENCIES:
- Interpersonal Skills--Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming;
Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting;
Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and
tries new things.
- Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive
or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds
well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills;
Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Edits
work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs;
Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret
- Teamwork--Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and
welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and
group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's
efforts to succeed.
- Managing People--Includes staff in planning, decision-making,
facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for
subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides
regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and
encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal
and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes,
products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory
- Professionalism--Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for
own actions; Follows through on commitments. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently Continually required to sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Frequently visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical
information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually work around fumes, airborne
particles, or toxic chemicals
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- Occasionally loud noise (examples: metal can manufacture, large
- Occasionally very loud noise (example: jackhammer work)
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or
physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts
management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Monday - Friday8:00 am - 4:30 pmIn Office full
Keywords: Engineered Yacht Solutions, Fort Lauderdale , HR/Payroll Manager - On site, Executive , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!