Manager International Network Development
Company: DHL eCommerce
Posted on: November 26, 2022
DHL eCommerceEqual Opportunity Employer/Disability/VETLocation:
Remote OfficeSUMMARY:As part of the Deutsche Post DHL Group, the
world's largest logistics company, DHL eCommerce Solutions operates
an international distribution network to deliver B2C parcels from
US merchants to consumers across the globe. The physical and
regulatory profile of each destination country is quite unique, and
so too are the distribution chains DHL builds to reach them. The
Manager International Network Development supports the Cross-Border
Operations team to grow the international business by improving the
existing network operations and product offering, identifying
growth opportunities, and developing new products, trade lanes,
routing options, or service features.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Develop in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape,
market trends, and customer requirements in the international
- Research and network with experts in the industry to understand
the regulatory environment and options for customs clearance and
- Actively network and negotiate with a broad number of potential
- Improve customer experience, e.g. by reducing transit times or
improving tracking visibility.
- Identify measures for cost savings throughout the distribution
chain (terminal handling, transport, customs clearance,
delivery)Liaise with the International Product Management & Sales
teams to shape strategic directions and define initiatives to drive
growth of international business. Lead cross-functional projects to
develop new products, trade lanes, routing options, and service
- Conduct analyses of proposed initiatives, create business
cases, prioritize initiatives jointly with the International
Product Management & Network teams.
- Negotiate vendor rates and service levels; develop contract
terms and conditions.
- Design end-to-end processes (incl. customer onboarding,
physical package flow, customs clearance procedure, data flow,
billing, and exception handling).
- Drive implementation of new vendors and coordinate across
functions (Product Management, Sales, IT, Terminal Operations,
Finance, Commercial etc.).
- Define system requirements and align implementation with IT
- Test new processes and functionalities, create Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs), conduct training and hand-over to
- Define and develop performance measurement tools and
- Additional duties as assigned.REQUIREMENTS / SKLILLS:
- Excellent organizational skills; self-starter with excellent
time management and the ability to adapt to rapid changes in the
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, including Excel, Word, Power
Point.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in International Business, or related field,
Master's degree preferred
- 5 to 7 years of logistics industry experience, preferably in an
international e-commerce or postal environment
- Experience in managing international, cross-functional projects
- Physical demands are mostly consistent with a professional
- International and Domestic travel may be required (up to
Keywords: DHL eCommerce, Fort Lauderdale , Manager International Network Development, Executive , Weston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!