Manager, Health & Welfare Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Manage benefit carriers, vendors, and third-party administrators to
meet the business needs and implement strategies that deliver the
highest quality to participants and are cost effective for
associates and the Company. Ensure ERISA program compliance with
carriers and vendors. Lead role in all benefit communications for
* Manage fully insured carriers, including medical, dental, vision,
life insurance, maternity/disability, surrogacy and adoption
benefit, voluntary benefit programs, legal insurance, pet
insurance, executive health plan, excess liability, discount
programs and the employee assistance program.
* Manage advertising agency and take lead role in developing
associate and HR wellness/benefit campaigns and communications,
including those for Annual Enrollment, New Hire, acquisitions, and
* Analyze benefit programs and carrier products to develop business
plan recommendations resulting in design changes that meet company
business needs. Implement strategies that are both cost effective
and that deliver the highest quality to participants.
* Manage and monitor health and welfare vendors' compliance to the
contract provisions and negotiated performance guarantees.
* Work with consultants to negotiate renewals with carriers and
vendors within the department budget projections. Project based
once per year.
* Lead Short-Term Disability annual premium cost analysis for rate
* Lead role in writing technical plan documents, SPD language, Plan
Documents, administrative and training manuals, and oversight of
production of such manuals.
* Manage plan administration in accordance with Plan documents and
regulatory standards (e.g., DOL, ERISA, and IRS).
* Research and respond to eligibility appeals for fully insured
* Develop requests for proposals, and evaluate and assist in the
selection of vendors, carriers, and insurers.
* As a member of the Benefits team, monitor compliance with
applicable federal and state laws including ERISA, DOL, the
Affordable Care Act, and other regulations required for the
Company's Health and Welfare Benefits programs.
* Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company's Vision,
Mission, and Values in all interactions with employees, co-workers,
and vendors, and adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
* Bachelor's degree or demonstrated job experience.
* Strong critical and analytical thinking skills and interest in
* Self-motivated, independent, and creative performer.
* Project-oriented individual who enjoys managing multiple tasks in
a fast-paced environment.
* Three to five years progressive experience in the administration
of health and welfare plans.
* Demonstrated success in the management of third-party
administrators, insurance carriers and vendors.
* Demonstrated success with RFP and carrier selection processes,
* Excellent interpersonal written and oral communication skills,
including excellent presentation skills.
* Intermediate/advanced MS Office and advanced MS Excel and
This position reports to the Director of Benefits. This position
works closely with carriers, vendors, third-party administrators,
external consultants, HR Managers, legal firms, and governmental
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Referral program
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301: Reliably commute or planning to
relocate before starting work (Required)
* Project management: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Keywords: AUTONATION, Fort Lauderdale , Manager, Health & Welfare Benefits, Executive , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!