Membership Sales Director
Company: YMCA of South Florida
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: September 21, 2022
The Membership Sales Director is responsible for leading sales
and acquisition of new membership units and delivering a strong
customer experience to retain units. Under direction of the
District Membership Sales Director, they will support and develop
Family Center sales and activities in order to ensure net positive
growth of membership revenue and programs to new members. Works
closely with all departments to develop strategies to achieve sales
targets. Responsible for leading outbound sales efforts and
monitoring and setting standards for inbound sales closing rates.
Works closely with Member Engagement Team to facilitate sales
Please note Medical Marijuana cards do not exempt you from
successfully passing your drug test.
- Meets / Exceeds annual budgeted targets and goals for new
member acquisition and overall unit growth for assigned
- Supports District Membership Sales Director in developing
membership acquisition and engagement plans to ensure achievement
of organizations goals. (Annual, Quarterly, Monthly)
- Manages lead database to ensure accurate and timely entry of
all leads for assigned family center. Accountable for Key
Performance Indicators (KPI) in pursuit of sales goal achievement.
Works closely with engagement team to solicit support in making
- Personally sells memberships and drives traffic. Makes 50-70
outbound calls per day to prospective members to drive lead
generation, appointments and KPIs. Will make higher call volumes in
accordance with business needs. Manages all outbound contact
efforts to leads and prospects including phone, email and
- Builds external market position by locating, developing,
defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
- Organizes membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA
at community events to promote the YMCA.
- Creates a member-focused culture and models
relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all
interactions. Implements membership strategies that support
retention of existing members, fosters a climate of innovation and
resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
- Monitors membership analytics to include trend analysis and
assure corrective action plans are in place to avert any downward
- Ensures engagement and retention by connecting new members with
program areas and setting new member onboarding appointments with
- Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with
existing and potential members. Coordinates program registration,
including logistics to support phone, walk-in, and web
registration. Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize
enrollments and provides ongoing support to Program Directors on
- Participates in the planning of the annual budget; manages and
implements the approved budget for membership and takes appropriate
action to correct variances.
- Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures. Reviews
and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff.
Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial
- Leads assigned aspects of the fund-raising campaign.
- Works closely with and follows the direction of the Executive
Director of Membership to ensure standard delivery of the
Association Membership Agenda.
- Participates in family center and Membership team staff
meetings and/or related meetings.
- Works as part of the Management team, with rotating Manager on
- Adheres to all policies, guidelines, rules, and best practices
as outlined by the YMCA of South Florida or directed by
- Outgoing positive personality enjoys speaking to
- Innate desire to drive results to achieve sales goals
- Strong self-starter and initiator with a passion for customer
service and relationship building
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Sales and 1 year of staff
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
required. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be
substituted for Bachelor's degree.
- Ability to address difficult member situations/conflicts in a
professional and courtesy manner.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast pace
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from
all social and economic segmentsof the community.
- Must have good interpersonal, public relations and
communications skills, including the ability to make oral
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard
business software i.e. Microsoft Excel, Word and
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings,
weekends, and holidays
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations
- Bi-lingual, English and Spanish language, a plus.
Certifications and Licenses:
- CPR/First Aid and AED Certified within 90 days of
As a condition of employment, you will be required to submit to and
satisfactorily clear a thorough Level II fingerprinting background
screening and drug test.
As a Drug-Free Workplace, all new hires must successfully complete
a urinalysis within 72 hours of notice. Failure to complete the
drug test within this timeframe will automatically disqualify you
from employment. Please note Medical Marijuana cards do not exempt
you from successfully passing your drug test.
The YMCA of South Florida is committed to the policy of Equal
Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in the workplace because of
race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation,
political affiliation, age, or disability.
Keywords: YMCA of South Florida, Fort Lauderdale , Membership Sales Director, Executive , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!