RN Case Manager
Company: HCA Florida Westside Hospital
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Description RN Case ManagerCase Management DepartmentFull Time,
Day Shift, 1.0 FTEHCA Florida Westside HospitalPlantation, FL
Facility Description: We're always on the move. You will find it is
an exciting time at HCA Florida Westside Hospital, a 250-bed
medical center and healthcare complex. HCA Florida Westside
Hospital offers the community the latest in minimally invasive
spine and colorectal surgery and is one of only nine Joint
Commission certified centers in the United States for minimally
invasive colorectal surgery. Not only are we certified as a
Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Agency for Health Care
Administration (ACHA), but also certified as a Thrombectomy Capable
Center by the Joint Commission. We are teaching and research
facility, offering Graduate Medical Education (GME) programs in
podiatry, surgery and internal medicine. Since our founding in 1974
we have been committed to expanding and improving every facet of
the organization, devoting significant time and resources to
enhancing the facility, staff and medical care. At Westside, we
care like family! We invite you to explore opportunities with a
family-oriented team of more than 1,200 professionals, along with
almost 750 physicians that thrive in a fast-paced but friendly work
environment. At HCA Florida Westside Hospital, our medical services
combined with compassionate care, illustrate why we are one of the
leading healthcare facilities in South Florida. Benefits:We are
committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At
HCA Florida Westside Hospital, we offer an array of medical,
dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make
your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family
needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)* *If applicable, please
refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit
applies to your position. Job Description:The RN CM is responsible
for promoting patient-centered care by coordinating the plan of
care for the patient stay, managing the length of stay, ensuring
appropriate resource management and developing a safe appropriate
discharge plan in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
The RN CM facilitates the progression and transition of care using
established criteria and in conjunction with the multidisciplinary
team. The RN CM will coordinate activities that promote quality
outcomes and patient throughput while supporting a balance of
optimal care and appropriate resource utilization.
- Provides case management services for both inpatient and
observation patients as assigned.
- Identifies patients who are at risk for adverse outcomes during
the transition from one level of care/setting to another.
- Performs a comprehensive assessment of psychosocial, medical
and discharge needs of patients/family along with an assessment of
resources appropriate and available to the patient/family.
- Reassesses the patient s clinical condition as indicated.
Considers patient s readmission status or risk of readmission and
develops strategies to mitigate including education on
appropriately accessing healthcare resources, preventative
education, and community-based resources.
- Coordinates the plan of care and drives the discharge plan by
collaborating with the multidisciplinary health care team and in
particular with the patient's physician to facilitate a successful
- In partnership with Social Services, the RN CM is responsible
for ensuring the post-acute medical needs and level of care are
- The RN CM is responsible for timely referral to Social Services
when risk factors for psychosocial determinants of health are
- Involves patient, family/responsible/significant others in
identifying and clarifying needs and expectations to develop mutual
and realistic goals.
- Makes appropriate referrals to third party payer, disease and
case management programs for recurring patients and patients with
chronic disease states.
- Facilitates patient throughput with an ongoing focus on an
effective care transition, quality and efficiency.
- Documents professional recommendations, discharge plan, care
coordination interventions, and case management activities to
effectively communicate to all members of the health care
- Align patient s needs with available resources to ensure a safe
discharge / transition.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising
patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Directs activities to identify and provide for the needs of the
under-resourced patient population to include patient education
activities, patient assistance programs, and community-based
- Adheres to established policy and procedure and standards of
care; escalates issues through the established chain of command
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements, HCA Ethics
and Compliance policies, and quality initiatives Serve as an
advocate for patient's rights, needs, and values; ensuring that
patients ethnic, cultural, or religious values, beliefs,
preferences and needs are considered and aligned.
- Other duties as assigned
RN with current state licensure; BSN
preferred Three years clinical, hospital nursing experience
required with preference given to those with 2 years of case
management experience or 2 years of critical care experience
Certification in case management or utilization review preferred
InterQual experience preferred Associated topics: asn,
cardiothoracic, intensive care unit, mhb, nurse clinical, recovery,
registed, staff nurse, surgery, unit
Keywords: HCA Florida Westside Hospital, Fort Lauderdale , RN Case Manager, Executive , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!