Director of Surgical Services
Company: Texas Nursing Services
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Director of the Surgical Services Department
leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while
effectively managing operations. The Director of Surgical Services
has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.Major
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the
service and implements solutions with follow through and
- Actively participates in service, departmental and
hospital-wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing
communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- People Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive
critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and
documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and
industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence-based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver
upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient roundingIdentifies and
mentor potential future leaders
- Quality Enforces standards of care for surgical services and
develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical
services program that assures quality patient care consistent with
the Hospital's mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting, and hospital
policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates
critical aspects of care.
- Responsible for department's operational excellence by ensuring
delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable
policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and
- Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification
- Monitors and response to quality event reporting community
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures
others and commands respect within the organization and the
- Develops and builds strategic internal and external
- Supports HCA by: Promoting consistent positive patient
interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient
- Practicing and adhering to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and
"Mission and Value Statement"
- Performing other duties as assignedQualificationsEducation &
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred
- Or equivalent combination of education and/or
experienceLicenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the
state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferredAdditional
Info:· 156 beds, brand new hospital. Opened in November 2021· 7
OR'sBenefits Include:Sign-On Bonuses, Relocation Assistance, Full
Health-Care Benefits, Student Loan Reimbursement, and others.Salary
Range: $100,000 - $140,000Powered by JazzHRDiTLgH7rKb
Keywords: Texas Nursing Services, Fort Lauderdale , Director of Surgical Services, Executive , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!