Home Care Director
Company: LHC Group Inc Home Office
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Company Overview: LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care
partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From
home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and home and
community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective
care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with
LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More
hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are
united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Ensures that only qualified personnel are hired. Verifies
licensure, certification and credentialing as required by law and
policy prior to employment and annually thereafter. On an on-going
basis, ensure maintenance of records to support competency of all
- Manage applicable participants of the E.V.V. (Electronic Visit
Verification) program to achieve the compliance goal.
- Provides and oversees orientation for personnel.
- Assures regularly scheduled continuing education for personnel
and supervises compliance of staff with online learning management
- Assists with staff recruitment to ensure that adequate staffing
is maintained. Operates within the staffing model.
- Acts as a liaison between staff, patients, the medical
community, and upper management to ensure information is shared
appropriately among the LHC Team.
- Performs staff conferences as needed and mandatory in-services
including but not limited to monthly staff/safety meetings.
- Evaluating performance of staff and identifying and
implementing methods of professional development as needed.
- Supervises the maintenance and accuracy of patient care and
employee records. Ensures compliance to policy.
- Ensures confidentiality and security of client records.
- Oversee staffing requests and the ability to meet employee
needs. Taking appropriate action as needed to provide quality
- Coordinates admission of all patients.
- Monitors client charts. Updates Plan of Care at least every 3
months to make sure all information is accurate and up todate.The
Home & Community Based Services Executive Director IV is
responsible for the administration of the day to day operations of
the community based services business line. This includes:
coordinating and completing assigned projects to effectively
support the immediate and long range objectives of the company,
responsible for eligibility and admission of the
client and supervision of care provided, implementing and
maintaining administrative practices, agency philosophy, goals, and
policies which assure compliance with applicable state and federal
regulations and enhancing the profitability of the agency.
Providing motivation and retention of a qualified staff and assure
the quality of services delivered. This position also acts as a
liaison with management staff and other departments throughout the
- Inputs client information into CBS System in a timely manner.
Makes sure information is complete, accurate, and current.
- Ensures all appropriate and updated employee
staffing/scheduling comments are in the computer, including but not
limited to DNU (do not use) status.
- Maintains good working relationships with clients and
- Provides supervision to direct reports.
- Responds promptly to all hourly care and insurance case
- Documents all employee and client related activities in a
- Supervises daily office activities to ensure that effective and
efficient operations are in place to provide quality service and
assist as needed.
- Develops and works within quarterly/annual office budget.
- Participates in orientation and in-services education as
- Reviews weekly operations reports, weekly metrics, productivity
and agency financial statements to ensure the organization is on
target with budgeted goals. Follows up, addresses issues, and
implements action plans as appropriate to meet goals.
- Responds to and effectively deals with client and employee
complaints and problems.
- Participates in the QAPI program. Ensures follow-up on any
required action plans.
- Accessible and available during all hours in which services are
being provided to clients
- Ensures phones are answered promptly with messages accurately
documented and delivered to appropriate staff.
- Responsible for weekly face to face sales calls.
- Case Management of clients/patients as appropriate.
- All other duties as assigned. Education & Experience:
- One Year of Home and Community Based Services management
experience preferred. License Requirements
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance and access to a
dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
- Licensed RN preferred.
- Licensed RN required for KY. Skill Requirements
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet identified
- Ability to function in any home situation regardless of age,
race, creed, color, sex, disability, or financial condition of the
- Able to work independently.
- Good communication, writing, and organizational skills.
Additional State Specific Requirements
- AR: Must be a registered nurse licensed in the state of
practice, OR an individual that has completed two (2) years of full
time study of higher education with at least one (1) year of
supervisory or administrative experience in home health care or
related health provider program. An individual with a high school
diploma or GED may substitute one (1) year of full time employment
in a supervisory role in a healthcare facility or community based
agency for one (1) year at an institution of higher education.
- FL: Must be a registered nurse licensed in the state of
practice or an individual with at least one (1) year of supervisory
or administrative experience in home health care or related health
- KY: Must have at least four (4) years' experience as a case
manager in the field of aging or disabilities AND must have a
bachelor's degree in a health or human services field and at least
one (1) year of experience in a health or human services field OR
be a registered nurse with at least two (2) years of experience as
a professional nurse in the field of aging or
disabilities OR a master's degree in a health or human services
- TX: Must have a high school diploma or a GED with at least one
(1) year experience or training in caring for individuals with
functional disabilities OR a high school diploma or GED with at
least two (2) years of management or supervisory experience in a
health-related setting OR have completed two (2) years of full time
study at an accredited college in a
health related field OR a registered nurse, licensed social worker,
licensed therapist, licensed nursing home administrator in the
state of practice with at least one (1) year of management or
supervisory experience in a health-related setting.
- VA: Must have at least one (1) year of training and experience
in direct health care service delivery with at least one (1) year
within the last five (5) years of supervisory or administrative
management experience in home health care or a related health
- CT, MD, OH, PA, TN: No additional requirements
Keywords: LHC Group Inc Home Office, Fort Lauderdale , Home Care Director, Executive , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!