Senior Director Finance Florida Region
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 12, 2022
- Supports: the development, preparation and monitoring of
Florida Region capital and operating budgets, the development of
tactical plans and their implementation, the development of
forecasts and budgets, the presentation and interpretation of
financial information to senior leadership, physicians, front line
- Suggests activities which will improve efficiencies,
contribution margin or financial performance.
- Leads the planning process of Cleveland Clinic Florida Regional
- Leads the dynamic planning process for Cleveland Clinic Florida
- Propose budget targets for each hospital systems and works with
each hospital CFO's to ensure are appropriate and met. Consolidate
Florida region's P&L, BS and Stats, cash flows Supports the
monitoring of other non-financial activities.
- Reports progress made to senior management and front line
- Provides high level professional analytical support to hospital
and service line areas to which the incumbent is assigned.
- Coordinates the Decision Support/Cost Accounting functions of
the Florida region.
- Coordinates month end and year end closing of Florida hospitals
- Works with Enterprise Finance to ensure all reports from
Accounting are produced on time.
- Meets deadlines for month and year-end closing for financial
statements, MD&A and other required analysis.
- Leads business development projects and possesses the ability
to progress a project from conception to implementation and
- Oversee/Coordinate the Florida region financial dashboard
- Support Operating and Capital Budget presentations to Regional
and Enterprise executives.
- Monitors resource utilization, payroll, supplies and
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- B.S. Degree in Business Administration with a major in Finance
(Accounting is preferred) with an advanced degree.
- MBA is highly preferred.Languages:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.Complexity of Work:
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance
outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as
applied to the position: World Class Service Orientation: Includes
attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that
enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer
needs and expectations in a positive manner.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to
fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work
environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of
desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant
policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work
environment, including maintenance of required competencies and
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall
accountability for assigned work group relative to operational
goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those
functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this
- This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive
nor to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign
other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.Work
- Minimum of ten years of experience in business management,
strategic initiatives, operational and capital budgeting processes,
financial analysis and reporting.
- Healthcare experience preferred, including a minimum of five
years of supervisory and/or project management experience
- Essential Duties: Responsible for directing Cleveland Clinic
Florida's accounting functions. These functions include
establishing and maintaining the organization's accounting
principles, practices, and procedures.
- Prepares financial reports and presents finding and
recommendations to upper management.
- Physical Duties: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry,
push, pull, or move objects.
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Physical demands for this position include the ability to sit,
stand, and use manual dexterity on a frequent basis; have clear
vision, and have the ability to talk with clarity on a continual
- Frequent bending, pushing, pulling, and reaching are also
required on a daily basis. In addition, this position demands
continuous use of fingers, hands, and wrists during the course of
the day due to typing and data entry.
- Working Conditions: The occupant of this position spends almost
100% of his/her time in air-conditioned areas.
- The potential for exposure to blood-borne pathogens, body
fluids or potentially infectious material is minimal to
none.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Fort Lauderdale , Senior Director Finance Florida Region, Executive , Weston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!