Cruise & Export Manager
Company: Samuels & Son Seafood Company
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 12, 2022
- Oversees daily activities ensuring adherence to deadlines and
quality standards and adherence to procedures.
- Applies expertise to solve standard and non-standard problems
within the cruise & export market - i.e. recoveries, logistical
shortfalls, USDC issues.
- Builds customer relationships, interprets customer needs and
assesses their business requirements.
- Effectively manages communication to reach shared understanding
and build alignment between our operation departments.
- Management of the order processing (details under "Order Entry"
- Review all orders entered in the system for accuracy pertaining
to pricing, quantity, delivery parameters and USDC requests.
- Obtaining approvals and securing written back-up from customers
for product substitution, quantity and price changes.
- Ensure that invoices match purchase orders and, if changes are
made, ensuring purchase orders are updated.
- Correcting and researching all code discrepancies and work to
minimize these occurrences.
- Maintaining accurate cross-reference data base for customer's
- Working with transportation to efficiently and economically
deliver orders while adhering to the customer requirements
regarding their delivery times/dates and reservation
- Working with purchasing to ensure correct item code usage.
- Training and oversight of any new administration
- Oversight on the management, organization and submission of all
documents (paper trail) needed to collect payment.
- Ensure proper recording of product returned by customer and
prompt issue of credit note.
- Assisting accounts receivable with resolving short paid
- Management of the USDC inspection process and
- Working with purchasing to identify and substitute products
that do not meet the requirements of the customers and the
- Weekly review of all submitted USDC requests to avoid a missed
- Ensuring that all USDC certificates are correct and submitted
to the appropriate parties and locations. Order Entry
- Order is received via email, fax or phone
- Order is acknowledged back to customer within 24 hours
- Order is entered in the system and given an order number.
- The order entry should include special instructions such as:
- Delivery window (time) specific
- Delivery address
- Pack for air details
- USDC inspection date.
- Ship with priced invoice or only with bill of lading
- If required, a Port Pass application is completed and sent to
the correct customer departments or submitted online.
- If required, airfreight bookings are made and airway bills are
completed, along with all labels for the shipping boxes.
- If required, a USDC request is completed and sent to the USDC
- USDC must be submitted at least 72 hours before the requested
- Coordination of USDC inspection with freezer/cooler team.
- The original purchase order, order cards and any other
documents or correspondence pertaining to the order is bound
together to create the Original Documents.
- Order is analyzed in terms of:
- Correct paperwork issued
- Delivery date/Inspection date
- Order Distribution
- Ensuring all concerned departments and warehouses are provided
a copy of the order.
- Redistributing all revised orders.
- Once order has been built:
- Attached a copy of the order card to the Original Paperwork
which indicates exactly what was pulled or processed
- Verify weights and box counts are correct and satisfy the
original purchase order requirements.
- Complete and distribute Pallet tags
- Issue Invoice (or Bill of Lading)
- Check invoice (or BOL) for accuracy on:
- Product specification
- Delivery address
- Delivery Appointments
- Arranging delivery appointments for orders.
- Booking freight on the air carriers.
- Ensuring delivery appointment information is effectively
communicated to all concerned.
- Coordinates all logistical aspects of the purchase orders
(warehouse to customer).
- Invoices all orders and check for accuracy pertaining to
pricing, quantity, delivery parameters and ensuring supporting
documentation is complete.
- Reviewing all invoices and submitting the paperwork to all
- Generating reports
- Familiarizing oneself with the UNIX system and its
- Producing reports requested by Sales/Purchasing.
- Proof of Delivery reconciliation
- Ensuring accurate accounting for all proof of deliveries.
- Submitting to accounting all paperwork pertaining to an order
- General support for administrative dutiesPI176905566
Keywords: Samuels & Son Seafood Company, Fort Lauderdale , Cruise & Export Manager, Executive , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!