Sr. Manager-Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Company: The World
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The World, Residences at Sea, is the largest privately owned
residential yacht on earth. At The World we are one team, we are
always passionate and caring and we support one another in mutual
respect. We believe in our mission and drive for continuous
improvement by challenging each other to be better and by measuring
and benchmarking against the best. We take ownership and hold
ourselves accountable. We have a unified, empowered, and strong
team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and
The Sr. Manager-Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) is based
in the Florida Office and reports directly to the Chief Financial
Officer. This position is responsible for the completion and
analysis of the annual operating Budget, financial forecasts, and
timely and accurate reporting and analysis of all financial
results, dashboards, and KPI's. Additional responsibilities include
completion and analysis of the 10 year Capital Plan, and drydock
plans every three years. The Sr Manager-FP&A liaises with all
levels of management and personnel within the organization, both
shore-side and shipboard.
- Coordinates and leads the Company annual operating budget and
quarterly forecast processes.
- Preparation of the monthly reporting package including the
company's financial performance versus budget and forecast.
- Perform analysis of actual results versus plan and forecast;
prepare waterfall analyses, variance reporting, KPI analysis,
- Coordinates and leads the Company's annual Capex budget.
- Prepares and update the 10 year Capital Plan throughout the
year including cash flow analysis, financing alternatives, etc
- Provide on-site analysis/tracking during Dry-dock of all
expenses, approvals, changes in estimates including forecasted
costs vs actual expenditures
- Implement automation throughout the Accounting and Finance
departments to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Supervises the activities of the Financial
- Develop new processes as appropriate.
- Attends the vessel's Dry-dock every 3 years for approximately
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA
preferred; Cruise experience a plus
- Minimum 10 years of related experience in accounting and/or
reporting, preferably in both public and private sectors;
resort/hospitality or passenger ship experience is a plus
- Strong analysis and financial reporting skills required
- Experience working with accounting general ledger, reporting,
and budgeting software.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office products or
equivalent, primarily in Excel, including pivot tables, lookups and
advanced excel formulas
- MS Dynamics Great Plains experience preferred but not
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Other than Dry-dock must be flexible to travel for periods of
up to 1 or 2 weeks every 6 months
Keywords: The World, Fort Lauderdale , Sr. Manager-Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Executive , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!