Director, Talent Marketing
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Wasserman is a partner to the world's most iconic brands,
properties and talent in their ventures across sports,
entertainment and culture. Wasserman's purpose is to transform the
businesses and careers of clients for the better. Wasserman also
owns and operates Laundry Service, a full-service creative agency,
and Cycle, a leader in influencer marketing and branded
Responsible for supporting the day-to-day needs of clients,
senior-level agents, and talent marketing leadership, helping to
accomplish client related sales, media, and marketing efforts. This
includes talent sales, branding, public relations, digital
marketing, social media, and content development, as well as
participating in new business development efforts. These efforts
will consist of prospecting sales leads and marketing material
development along with new business development efforts such as
- High focus on sales, client service, networking and market
research; responsible for prospecting, outbound sales calls and
- Establish brand, agency and media relationships that lead to
brand partnerships, barter relationships and high end gifting
- Create branding and marketing materials for current Wasserman
- Assist marketing leadership with managing relationships with
existing partners; ensures the client's contracts are fulfilled;
approves marketing and advertising materials.
- Assist with the development of client content, which includes
PR efforts, along with sourcing and negotiating content and media
deals under the supervision of senior agents and marketing
- Work with Leagues, PAs, Teams, and Team Sponsors to secure
content marketing opportunities for clients through brand
activations, content development, league and team partners, as well
as media alliances.
- Handle logistics leading up to and throughout major events,
including drafts, Pro Bowls, and Super Bowls
- Maintain account receivables, department databases and generate
reports as required, including through Salesforce.
- Manage incoming queries for clients and provide regular updates
to agents and client service representatives.
- Monitors client competitions to keep up-to-date on client
- Travels to spend face time with clients to support "off field"
business affairs and build genuine relationships to assist in
- Supports management team's client recruitment efforts and
assists in the recruitment of athletes by cultivating both industry
relationships and relationships with potential clients.
- Meets both personal and department annual sales goals set by
talent marketing leadership
- Contribute to partnership development in other sport verticals
and with non-football clients when applicable
- Bachelor's degree in related field, preferably in sports
management, content, sales, marketing, communications, or public
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience in sports industry role,
preferably within professional hockey, baseball, basketball, or
- Must have advanced knowledge of developments in athlete
branding, social media, corporate communications, and trends in the
- Possess persuasiveness skills to successfully negotiate on
behalf of the client's interests
- Position requires considerable flexibility in scheduling and
the willingness to travel, work nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to prospect and research marketing and media
partnerships on behalf of the clients
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Photoshop,
Illustrator, Salesforce, and InDesign to create decks, client bios
and edit photos.
- Strong understanding of social/digital media
- Well-developed communication skills, creative thinking and
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management
- Requires self-management and project management abilities
- Ability to build strong, lasting relationships internally and
- Ability to anticipate problems and manage expectations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in all
situations. Ability to exercise discretion, sound judgment and
Wasserman Media Group is committed to operating fair and unbiased
recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity
for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion,
race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or
national origin or any other classification as may be protected by
applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we
have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant
skills, education and experience.
Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, 401(k) and much more!
Keywords: Wasserman, Fort Lauderdale , Director, Talent Marketing, Executive , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!