Director - Employee Services
Company: Nova Southeastern University
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in: Welcome
to NSU! Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a
comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement
plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more! Thank you
for considering Nova Southeastern University as your future place
of employment. Nova Southeastern University is an equal opportunity
employer. Director - Employee Services - 996265 Apply Now Job
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Human Resources
About Us: We are excited that you are considering joining Nova
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a
not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for
academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University
offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package
including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and
dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and
its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a
tobacco-free university. We appreciate your support in making NSU
the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for
your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University. NSU
considers applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Job Title: Director - Employee Services - 996265 Location: Fort
Lauderdale-Davie, Florida Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Job Category: Exempt Hiring Range: Pay Basis: Annually Subject to
Grant Funding?: No Essential Job Functions: 1. Plans, directs, and
oversees all human resources functions for the College of Dental
Medicine including hiring, coaching, performance evaluations,
compensation, employee relations, and terminations; all in
accordance with University policies and procedures. Acts as primary
liaison between the CDM and central HR.
2. Works closely with college administration regarding complex
employee relations and faculty affairs issues including complaints,
performance concerns, and contract discrepancies.
3. Advises managers and collaborates with Human Resources on
organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity
and sexual harassment and recommends needed changes.
4. Advises management on organizing, preparing, or implementing
recruiting or retention programs.
5. Works with Dean or administration to develop or implement
recruiting strategies to meet current or anticipated staffing
6. Evaluates recruitment or selection criteria to ensure
conformance to professional, statistical, or testing standards,
recommending revisions, as needed.
7. Provides current and prospective employees with information
about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages and
contracts, opportunities for promotion, and employee benefits.
8. Assists department chairs and manager to obtain information on
work history, training, education, or job skills.
9. Interprets and explains human resources policies, procedures,
laws, standards, or regulations.
10. Maintains current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
11. Works closely with CDM Finance in matters related to positions
and budget salaries ensuring proper account allocations to achieve
12. Maintains records and compiles statistical reports concerning
personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance
appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
13. Conducts exit interviews and ensures that necessary employment
termination paperwork is completed.
14. Maintains and updates human resources documents.
15. Provides management with information or training related to
interviewing, performance appraisals, counseling techniques, or
documentation of performance issues.
16. Supports CDM leadership with the Performance Based Merit
17. Completes industry annual salary surveys (e.g., ADEA).
18. Oversees filings of all non-immigrant work sponsorships to
ensure appropriate work authorizations are obtained; prepare
appropriate filings for submittal to attorneys and governing
19. Works with International Student Division in obtaining
appropriate visas for students transferring to regular or student
positions; oversee exchange researcher/scholar filings with
20. Works with CDM Finance to oversee payroll events including but
not limited to standard payments, adjunct payments, student
payments, and NSU research payments; reconciles payroll charges and
allocations for accuracy.
21. Provides advice to the dean and senior administrators in
development, delivery and coordination of administrative issues;
dispenses administrative guidance to carry out plans and procedures
consistent with established policies, county, state and federal
regulations, and accreditation requirements.
22. Oversees and manages all facets of grant effort reporting
(ECRT), including reconciliation of salary expenses against grants
accounts. Develop appropriate cost transfers as necessary, ensuring
grants are properly charged according to contract terms. Acts as
primary liaison for grants and contracts office and grant
accounting office for items related to salary expenses.
23. Maintains employee data integrity and confidentiality.
24. Completes special projects as assigned.
25. Performs other duties as assigned or required. Marginal Job
Functions: 1. Supervises employee services office staff; assign
tasks and establish appropriate deadlines for staff. Required
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Knowledge:
1. Administration and Management - Thorough knowledge of business
and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource
allocation, budgeting, human resources modeling, leadership
technique, and/or coordination of people and resources.
2. Personnel and Human Resources - Thorough knowledge of principles
and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training,
compensation and benefits, and personnel information systems.
3. English Language - Thorough knowledge of the structure and
content of the English language including the meaning and spelling
of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
4. Customer and Personal Service - Thorough knowledge of principles
and processes for providing customer and personal services. This
includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services,
and evaluation of user satisfaction.
5. Law and Government - General knowledge of laws, legal codes,
court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive
orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
6. Psychology - General knowledge of human behavior and
performance, individual differences in ability, personality, and
interests; and learning and motivation.
1. Active Listening - Advanced skills in giving full attention to
what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points
being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting
at inappropriate times.
2. Management of Personnel Resources - Advanced skills in
motivating, developing, and directing people as they work,
identifying the best people for the job.
3. Social Perceptiveness - Advanced skills in being aware of
others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
4. Speaking - Advanced skills in talking to others to convey
5. Coordination - Advanced skills in adjusting actions in relation
to others' actions.
6. Critical Thinking - Advanced skills in using logic and reasoning
to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions, or approaches to problems.
7. Judgment and Decision Making - Advanced skills in considering
the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the
8. Active Learning - Proficient skills in understanding the
implications of new information for both current and future
problem-solving and decision-making.
9. Complex Problem Solving - Advanced skills in identifying complex
problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate
options and implement solutions.
1. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to
specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
2. Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of
information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding
a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
3. Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is
wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the
problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment:
1. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within
a few feet of the observer).
2. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the
speech of another person.
3. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can
4. Travel - Must be able to travel on a daily and/or overnight
5. May be required to work nights or weekends.
6. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged period
of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
7. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of
equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils,
and computer keyboard. Job Requirements: Required
Certifications/Licensures: Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Major (if required): Required Experience: 1. Ten (10) or more years
of human resources experience.
2. Experience in a supervisory role.
Preferred Qualifications: Is this a safety sensitive position? No
Background Screening Required? No Pre-Employment Conditions:
Sensitivity Disclaimer: Nova Southeastern University is in full
compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does
not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with
disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when
necessary. Advertised: 25 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Keywords: Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale , Director - Employee Services, Executive , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!