Director Product Development
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Responsible for developing Connected Home products that will
help position Assurant as a global market leader in innovative
solutions within the Connected Living and Connected Home
ecosystems. Strategic Product Management: the role will require the
development (initial) and ongoing development of Connected Home
innovative products & solutions that will anticipate the needs of
mobile carriers, OEMs, Retailers/eTailers, cable/satellite
companies, and will contribute to the future growth on Assurant's
- Owns product roadmap for the Pocket Geek Home product category,
driven by business strategy and emerging market trends.
- Drives the business case and confirm product viability in
- Develops enterprise intake documentation, manages through
Enterprise processes to get projects prioritized/funded.
- Provide consulting/guidance for other projects/products on
strategic alignment with the business and product roadmap.
- Socialize/evangelize product vision to drive enterprise support
and ensure alignment with broader objectives.
- Work with Marketing to drive consumer/competitive market
research to identify new product opportunities, existing products
enhancements, defining how products align with existing portfolio,
and maintain sustainable differentiation.
- Ideate and develop new product constructs with cross-functional
- Monitor competitive offerings and react appropriately to
significant changes. Product Delivery: the role will require
working with cross-functional teams (research, solutions sales,
actuarial, finance, etc.) to deliver products and solutions for
prospects and clients, particularly in (a) sharing the appropriate
visions with the Research team, (b) defining the pricing strategy
in accordance with Assurant financials goals, and (c) go-to-market
strategy and activities (training, sales tools, marketing
- Develops detailed product requirements and user stories, used
to create product specifications and architecture.
- Provides guidance on product vision as product moves into
implementation, partnering with Solutions Engineering to ensure
product build aligns with the product construct as tradeoffs are
- Work with Product Operations Managers and Solutions Engineers
to prioritize defects, issues and pain points in production.
Coordinate with Ops to maintain product backlog and align the work
with the broader strategic initiatives.
- Evaluate product issues, prioritize and drive new requests for
enhancements/fixes in coordination with Solutions Engineers & POMs.
Product Business Management: the role will focus on managing
product line performance within the business globally.
- Use data and product instrumentation to measure and improve
customer satisfaction continually and objectively.
- Participate in Business Reviews, an internal Product meeting to
review KPIs, upcoming strategy changes, operational improvements
and current enhancements/fixes in build. Responsibility for work of
- (1-2 direct reports) Product Operations Managers. Financial
- Budget to include Product Line P&L - revenue and expenses
associated with products responsible for. 30% TravelBasic
Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- BS/BA, preferably in Business, Operations, or Finance
- Requires 7+ years of experience in strategic Product Life Cycle
Management of software and/or service products.
- Requires 2+ years in sales, presales or delivery with
enterprise customers Other Requirements:
- Working understanding of, and demonstrated capabilities in,
multiple functional areas adjacent to product management such as
sales, customer support, finance, accounting, marketing,
engineering, legal and compliance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with successful
experience managing executive stakeholders.
- Competency with all phases of project management, including
gathering requirements, issue and risk identification and
management, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communication
of overall project status; able to keep multiple projects going
across a variety of phases.
- Passion and track record for delivering great customer
- Demonstrated ability to achieving results through working
cross-functionally, influencing others, making timely decisions
while considering needed trade-offs, negotiating conflicts, as
- Experience using data and metrics to support assumptions and
develop convincing business cases; ability to evolve product
strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Requires problem solving ability and the ability to adapt to
shifting priorities and align activities and priorities to meet
- Requires ability to process complex time sensitive data and
information from multiple sources, make decisions based on this
data, and to effectively communicate the related required actions
to a broad audience.Preferred - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- MBA Preferred.
- Strongly prefer significant direct experience delivering
product solutions within telecommunications carrier and MSO
- Strong preference for candidates with global product delivery
Keywords: Assurant, Fort Lauderdale , Director Product Development, Executive , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!