Senior Director of Healthy Living Programming
Company: YMCA of South Florida
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Senior Director of Healthy Living Programming The YMCA of South
Florida is now hiring a Senior Director of Healthy Living
Programming. Under the direction of the Executive Director and/or
COO, the Senior Director of Healthy Living Programming is
responsible for the management and supervision of healthy living
programs and classes to ensure enrollment and participation goals
and deliverables. This position will provide center leadership
including program development, virtual services, and member
engagement and /or incentives (challenges). In addition, the
position is directly responsible for the management and oversight
of the Weston and Pembroke Pines YMCAs healthy living departments.
The Weston YMCA has a major partnership with Cleveland Clinic and
this position will serve as the key staff member for ensuring all
deliverables are achieved for the partnership strategic plan. The
Director of Healthy Living Programming will facilitate the
implementation of working relationships between YMCA partners and
the Weston and Pembroke Pines YMCAs to ensure optimal service and
communication for healthy living programs and events throughout the
region. This individual will provide direction, measurement and
accountability to the operational activities of the healthy living
and program staff with the objective of maximizing growth,
profitability and member engagement. The position is responsible
for improving the member experience and driving program
participation and revenue growth. Essential Functions:--
- Effectively plans and executes strategies that support healthy
living, program and engagement plans that ensure that program
revenue grows. Position will focus on healthcare partnerships,
programs, events and outcomes.
- Monitors program analytics to include trend analysis and assure
corrective action plans are in place to avert any downward
- Ensure fidelity and outcomes in all prevention and healthy
- Develops and implements Wellness/Healthy Living staff training
programs focused on core wellness programs such as: clubs and
affinity groups, group exercise classes, new member onboarding,
customer service, and new staff orientation.
- Assist in providing for healthy living program sustainability
of prevention and return to health programs through annual campaign
contributions, grants, and sponsorships.
- Develop Association practices to retain and grow healthcare
partnerships and corporate wellness programs.
- Grow membership through improving the conversion of referred
participants to members.
- Support centers in the implementation of prevention and return
to health programs.
- Assists with leadership and provides staff support to the
Association Strategic Plan.
- Shares responsibility for adherence to and development of the
department budget, in consultation with the Executive Director and
/ or the COO.
- As necessary, provide grant oversight ensuring outcomes and
supervising staff and volunteers.
- As necessary assist with management and reporting of grant
programs (participation, quality, data collection, record keeping,
statistical reporting, documentation of expenses, invoicing and
- Build strong relationships with grant, health care, and
- Shares responsibility for the retention and growth of programs
- Assists in monitoring safety in all areas.
- Shares responsibilities for program supervision, public
relations, planning and marketing promotions.
- Provides direct leadership to specific programs (areas) as
- Assists with Annual Campaign, along with other campaigns, and
initiatives as needed.
- Involved with other community groups in identifying and
responding to community needs and issues.
- Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure
- Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize
- Coordinates program registration, including logistics to
support phone, walk-in, and web registration.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, and holds accountable key
wellness staff as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to measure, evaluate, and
make recommendations on all marketing plans and strategies for both
the organization and family centers and develop analysis reports to
reflect return on marketing investments.
- Works closely with HR and senior leadership to evaluate,
recruit, and select healthy living staff.
- Plans, schedules and leads Weston & Pembroke Pines health and
- Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial
- Builds external market position by locating, developing,
defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
- Organizes healthy Living related events for the YMCA of South
Florida for the assigned region.
- Represents and promotes the YMCA at community events.
- Works closely with the Executive Director and / or COO to
ensure delivery of the Association quality standards and
- Assists with any other projects or activities as required or
assigned. Position Profile:
- Dynamic individual with outgoing, energetic and collaborative
- Strategic and creative approach to work.
- Analytical, organized, driven by attaining results.
- Innate ability to develop and motivate staff by a setting
example, coaching, and mentoring them.
- Emotionally mature, able to initiate, conduct and navigate
difficult conversations with individuals at all levels.
- Enjoys working with members of all ages.
- Comfortable with public speaking. Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience in customer service,
operations and service delivery models.
- Strategic planning and tactical execution experience with
proven significant results / outcomes.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with supervision of budget
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment with healthy living
programming and development of strategic partnerships.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (MS Word, Excel,
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to relate and communicate
effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and
economic segments of the community.
- Excellent public relations skills, including the ability to
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings,
weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Bi-lingual, English and Spanish, a plus. As a condition of
employment, you will be required to submit to and satisfactorily
clear a thorough Level II fingerprinting background screening. The
YMCA of South Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to
the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in
employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age or
Keywords: YMCA of South Florida, Fort Lauderdale , Senior Director of Healthy Living Programming, Executive , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!