Payroll Info Systems Manager
Company: Nova Southeastern University
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in: Welcome
to NSU! Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a
comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement
plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more! Thank you
for considering Nova Southeastern University as your future place
of employment. Nova Southeastern University is an equal opportunity
employer. Payroll Info Systems Manager Apply Now Job Number:
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Budgeting, Auditing, Risk
Management, & Payroll
About Us: We are excited that you are considering joining Nova
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a
not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for
academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University
offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package
including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and
dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and
its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a
tobacco-free university. We appreciate your support in making NSU
the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for
your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University. NSU
considers applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Job Title: Payroll Info Systems Manager - 994858 Location: Fort
Lauderdale-Davie, Florida Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Job Category: Exempt Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience Pay
Basis: Annually Subject to Grant Funding?: No Essential Job
Functions: 1. Plans, directs, supervises, and coordinates work
activities of subordinates and staff, including hiring, coaching,
evaluating, and terminating.
2. Maintains and administers the time and attendance system.
3. Acts as a subject matter expert for assigned system(s).
4. May act as project leader for assigned project(s).
5. Gathers data pertaining to customer needs, and uses the
information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system
and network requirements.
6. Confers with clients regarding the nature of the information
processing or computation needs a computer program is to
7. Consults with users, management, vendors, and technicians to
assess computing needs and system requirements.
8. Assesses the usefulness of pre-developed application packages
and adapts them to a user environment.
9. Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan
installation of a new system or modification of an existing
10. Reads manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to learn how
to develop programs that meet staff and user requirements.
11. Develops, documents and revises system design procedures, test
procedures, and quality standards.
12. Approves, schedules, plans, and supervises testing of new
products and improvements to computer systems such as the
installation of new databases.
13. Works as part of a project team to coordinate database
development and determine project scope and limitations.
14. Reviews workflow charts to understand tasks computer will
perform, such as updating records.
15. Reviews project plans to plan and coordinate project
16. Expands or modifies system to serve new purposes or improve
17. Tests programs or databases, corrects errors, and makes
18. Helps programmers and systems analysts test and debug new
19. Enters data and observes system functioning to verify correct
operations and detect errors.
20. Meets with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors,
and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
21. Uses the computer in the analysis and solution of business
problems, such as improving processes, automating workflows.
22. Operates spreadsheet programs and other types of software to
load and manipulate data and to produce reports.
23. Retrieves, separates and sorts program output as needed, and
sends data to specified users.
24. Develops and implements processes and reports to audit data
quality, ensure accuracy, and increase productivity.
25. Answers telephone calls to assist computer users encountering
26. Maintains records of daily data communication transactions,
problems and remedial actions taken.
27. Researches and reads technical materials, confers with users,
or conducts diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to
provide technical assistance and support.
28. Develops training materials and procedures, and trains users in
the proper use of software.
29. Stays abreast of State and Federal regulations related to
30. Maintains employee data integrity and confidentiality.
31. Maintains data integrity and confidentiality.
32. Completes special projects as assigned.
33. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Advanced knowledge of Access and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word,
2. Personnel and Human Resources - General knowledge of principles
and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training,
compensation and benefits, and personnel information systems.
3. Administration and Management - General knowledge of business
and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource
allocation, budgeting, human resources modeling, leadership
technique, and/or coordination of people and resources.
4. Computers and Electronics - General knowledge of computer
hardware and software, including applications and programming.
5. Customer and Personal Service - Thorough knowledge of principles
and processes for providing customer and personal services. This
includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services,
and evaluation of user satisfaction.
6. English Language - Thorough knowledge of the structure and
content of the English language including the meaning and spelling
of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
7. Clerical - General knowledge of administrative and clerical
procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and
records, designing forms, and other office procedures and
1. Active Listening - Advanced skills in giving full attention to
what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points
being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting
at inappropriate times.
2. Speaking - Advanced skills in talking to others to convey
3. Reading Comprehension - Advanced understanding of written
sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
4. Writing - Advanced skills in communicating effectively in
writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
5. Complex Problem Solving - Advanced skills in identifying complex
problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate
options and implement solutions.
6. Time Management - Advanced skills in managing one's own time and
the time of others.
7. Active Learning - Advanced skills in understanding the
implications of new information for both current and future problem
solving and decision-making.
8. Instructing - Proficient skills in teaching others how to do
9. Judgment and Decision Making - Advanced skills in considering
the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the
10. Operation and Control - Advanced skills in controlling
operations of equipment or systems.
1. Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions
in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set
of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures,
2. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to
specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
3. Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is
wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the
problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
1. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within
a few feet of the observer).
2. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly, so others can
3. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the
speech of another person.
4. May be required to work nights or weekends.
5. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods
of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required
Education: Bachelor's Degree Major (if required): Required
Experience: Six(6) to eight (8) years of experience in the field or
in a closely related area. Preferred Qualifications: 1. Master's
Degree and five (5) years of related experience..
2. Knowledge of Banner payroll.
3. Internet proficiency.
4. Experience with Kronos.
Is this a safety sensitive position? No Background Screening
Required? Yes Pre-Employment Conditions: Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate
with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will
make reasonable accommodation when necessary. Advertised: 01 Mar
2021 Eastern Standard Time
Keywords: Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale , Payroll Info Systems Manager, Executive , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!