VP Engineering, Intelligence Platform Engineering
Company: American Express
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: February 19, 2021
If you have a strong will to learn and educate, as well as are
motivated by the opportunity to help grow our team and be a part of
an industry-leading technology and innovation organization, then
look no further! This is an opportunity to combine A.I./Machine
Learning and Engineering skills to solve very interesting problems
that directly and greatly impact millions of individuals worldwide.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology
and life at American Express.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation on
building the next generation customer first ecosystem for
democratizing A.I./Machine Learning in Amex on the Cloud. You will
be leading an energetic A.I./Machine Learning Engineering team,
collaborating with various business/product partners (e.g. Credit,
Fraud, Risk, Travel & Lifestyle, Marketing, etc.) to drive
strategic planning and a cohesive set of technology solutions
enabling A.I.+Human-driven decisioning. This position provides an
opportunity to solve very interesting problems, you will have
significant leadership and influence on the evolution of our
A.I./Machine Learning products.
This role within American Express Technology (AET) CTO
Organization, will report into the VP of Engineering overseeing
Enterprise Data Architecture, Enterprise Machine Learning Platform,
Enterprise Real-Time Event Processing and Analytics Platform, as
well as Chairing the Technology Risk Model Committee.
- Drive A.I./Machine Learning Engineering vision, strategy, and
execution across Amex
- Lead the Enterprise Machine Learning Platform, to provide a
unified E2E self-serve ML Platform and A.I. Services for 4000+
users with model development, evaluation, deployment, and
governance capabilities to minimize risk exposure, reduce time to
market and enable an optimized DX experience.
- Lead a highly technical Engineering team and play a visible
role in implementing cutting-edge technology and A.I./Machine
Learning solutions with other industry-leading partners
- Combine A.I./Machine Learning and Engineering skills to
implement highly scalable platform components and tools to solve
real-world problems in areas such as Image Recognition, Speech
Recognition, Natural Language Processing, Best Next Action, and
Time Series predictions
- Closely follow research and open source
developments/publications and apply them.
- Help craft the direction of machine learning and artificial
intelligence at AmEx
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, EE,
EEE, Statistics, Math, Industrial Engineering, Operational
Research, Physics, Financial Engineering, or related STEM fields.
Ph.D. degree preferred.
- 10+ years full lifecycle product development and engineering
leadership in highly available, highly scalable, high throughput
- Experience building and delivering sophisticated platforms that
leverage various machine learning algorithms or technologies and
are able to scale optimally.
- Good understanding of cluster and parallel architecture as well
as high-scale or distributed RDBMS and/or knowledge on NoSQL
platforms (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake,
DynamoDB, Neo4J, MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, etc.).
- Expert in one of the following fields:
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Reinforcement Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Probabilistic Inference
- Information Retrieval
- Recommendation Systems
- Bayesian Inference
- Advanced time series forecasting
- Hands-on Experience with most of the following open-source
- Orchestrate: Airflow, Kubeflow Pipelines, ML Run
- Container: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos + Marathon
- Model Serving: Kubeflow KF Serving, TF Serving, Seldon-Core,
- Observability: Prometheus, Grafana, Elasticsearch
- Programming Language: Python, Java, Scala, Julia
- IDE: Notebooks, PyCharm, VS Studio
- Machine Learning: TensorFlow, Keras, ScikitLearn, H20.ai,
- Feature Store: Hopsworks, Feast, or other purposed built
- Model Format: ONNX, PMML
- Model Repository: MLflow Registry, ModelDB
- Code Repository: GitHub
- Model Tracking: MLflow Tracking, TensorBoard, MLRun
- Explainable AI: LIME, SHAP, Google What-If
- Fairness: TensorFlow Fairness Indicators, FairLearn
- Hands-on Experience with following message queuing, stream
processing, and highly scalable 'big data' tools and technologies
is a plus:
- Amazon Kinesis / GCP PubSub
- Apache Flink
- Apache Kafka
- Apache Kylin
- Apache NiFi
- Apache Samza
- Apache Spark
- Apache Storm
- Zeppelin/ Jupyter
- Proven track record on producing outstanding research results
(Journal and/or Conference publications) is a plus.
- Strong team leadership and talent development mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes
employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status
protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 5, 2021, 2:32:11 PM
Keywords: American Express, Fort Lauderdale , VP Engineering, Intelligence Platform Engineering, Executive , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!