DIRECTOR, PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Company: Catholic Home Health of Broward
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Summary & ObjectiveThe Director, Professional Services is
responsible to be accountable for the organization, implementation,
evaluation and direction of the quality of care and services
provided to patients in accordance with the policies and procedures
of Catholic Home Health Services.Essential Functions
- Responsible for the improvement ongoing quality assessment and
improvement program of Catholic Home Health Services
- Ensures that case assignment and management is appropriate,
adequate, and consistent with the patient care plan, medical regime
and patient needs.
- Develops methods for coordination of referrals & patient
services to ensure the continuity of the patient's total regimen of
- Ensures that all clinical services provided to patients are
coordinated with other services or agencies.
- Assures that all admission and discharges meet agency
- Assures that discharge/transfer summaries are submitted to the
physician or receiving agency according to agency policy.
- Ensures that all services and outcomes are completely and
legibly documented, dated and signed in the clinical record.
- Assures that discharge charts are reviewed for completeness and
turned for storage no later than 30 days after the last month in
which billable services were rendered.
- Develops, implements and maintains the agency Bloodborne
Pathogen and Infection Control Program.
- Performs telephone intake procedures and answer phone inquiries
about agency services.
- Assures that all physicians who give orders to the agency are
currently licensed to practice medicine in Florida.
- Makes independent decisions regarding care provided by the
- Ensures that all personnel involved with the patient's care are
aware of the care plans and that care plans are used to administer
- Assuring the development, implementation, and updates of the
individualized plan of care.
- Ensures that the agency Exposure Control Plan is followed by
the staff and contractors.
- Ensures that supervisory visits are made according to agency
policy, regulation, and on schedule.
- Ensures that the findings of the Quality Improvement program
are used to improve services.
- Reviews and confers with the Administrator regarding the
qualifications of agency personnel.
- Supervises the implementation of the Plan of Care and Care
- Assigns qualified personnel of all disciplines to provide care
ordered by the physician.*Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the position.Other Duties
- Attends the quarterly Professional Advisory Committee meetings
and reports the status of the agency's P.I.; OBQI Initiatives;
Publically Reported Data; HIPAA Compliance.
- Chair of the Quality Improvement Committee and responsible to
maintain, analyze, trend and document OBQI and P.I. Activities;
Publically Reported Data and HIPAA Compliance.
- Assists with the development, maintenance, and periodic updates
of written policies and procedures, including HIPAA Policies and
- Participates in all activities relevant to the professional
- Ensures the correction of deficiencies and implements
appropriate recommendations for improvement by the QI Committee and
Professional Advisory Committee.
- Promotes positive employee engagement, teamwork, mutual respect
and safety work practices.
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and
- Provide other duties of healthcare team member
- Perform other duties as assignedSupervisory Responsibility
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull
up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for
extended periods of time, etc.DisclaimerThe job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other
duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned
at any time.EEOC StatementCHS provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Knowledge &
- Clear and Active Registered Nurse license to practice in the
state of Florida.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required; Master's degree
- 3-5 years of experience in home health patient services with
supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of nursing and medical practices and
- Knowledgeable of AHCA regulations, Medicare COP's
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English
Keywords: Catholic Home Health of Broward, Fort Lauderdale , DIRECTOR, PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, Executive , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!