Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Role: Senior DevOps EngineerLocation: Hybrid position (3 days in
the office / 2 days remote)Compensation: -$120K-$160KJob Type: Full
Time/PermSenior DevOps EngineerGeneral Position DescriptionThe
Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of
developer, QA and production operations related to our SaaS
platform. Additional responsibilities will include mentoring and
training other DevOps and engineering team members to ensure that
best practices are followed. We are seeking someone with a strong
work ethic and a successful history of managing complex engineering
environments.Who We Want:
- Preferred candidates will have strong experience in SaaS based
- Must be an independent thinker, self-starter and be willing to
take ownership of a project from start to finish.
- Someone who enjoys solving complex problems and is able to
think on their feet.
- Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
in English. Be able to set and communicate expectations to
- A dedicated team member who will work to ensure projects are
completed on time and meet expectations.
- A highly collaborative individual. Someone who builds and
leverages cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas,
information and use cases, and to develop the best solutions.
- Be willing and able to roll up your sleeves and lead by
- Rapidly gain a deep understanding of the current company
ecosystem, including system integrations, business rules, and
operational management flows.
- Own and drive to completion challenging DevOps projects, build
state-of-the-art environments, configurations and processes in
support of the platform infrastructure. Manage the DevOPs queue of
projects against capacity and planning needs.
- Establish strong partnerships with engineering, product, QA and
leadership teams to ensure they are able to operate and deliver
solutions consistently and without issue.
- Maintain top delivery standards by building robust, secure, and
quality solutions that align with team and business
- Develop and maintain monitoring systems to ensure platform
stability across multiple production and non-production
- When needed, act as a technical stakeholder for product
- Plan for, manage and execute system updates across multiple
development, QA and production environments.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and support to the
- Own the scalability, security, and performance of applications,
systems, and integrations.Qualifications:
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or closely related field.
- 10+ years in senior engineering roles with significant
experience in DevOps.
- 5+ years of direct and current experience with AWS cloud
services for SaaS applications.
- Strong understanding of software automation and DevOps
practices including managing and running CI/CD pipelines.
Proficiency in Linux, Git/Bitbucket, Docker, Jenkins, SonarQube,
- Experience in Terraform, Chef or Ansible is desired.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.Bonus Section:
- Experience with security policies, related controls and
evidence collection methods pertaining to certifications such as
ISO27001 and SOC2 is desirable.
- Experience with complex digital transformations is desirable,
i.e. converting non-scalable, monolithic platforms to scalable
ones.Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary is commensurate with work experience.
- 10 paid vacation days
- 5 paid sick days
- 1 day off for your birthday (actual birthday)
- 6 paid holidays
- We offer medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc. as well
as a Flexible Spending Account (FSA).Apply now or share with a
friend. We love to share $500 candidate referral bonuses!"U.S.
Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to
apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."
Keywords: SherlockTalent, Fort Lauderdale , Senior DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!