WRN - Sheet Metal Mechanic 1
Company: William R. Nash
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 13, 2022
William R. Nash specializes in Mechanical Services in
Healthcare, Hospitality, Correctional, and Sports & Entertainment
markets from concept to completion, maintenance to repair and
everything in between. With more than 54 years of service under our
belt, William R. Nash continues to be recognized as an industry
leader who delivers superior craftsmanship, a factor that has never
wavered since inception.
William R. Nash seeks talented performers and offers a challenging
and rewarding work environment that emphasizes trust, team, grit,
and growth. We are a division of HB Global, LLC, an employee-owned
organization, and believe that our people are out most important
asset. This is why we are committed to attracting highly skilled,
caring individuals to join our team; you share in the success that
you help create.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Sheet Metal Mechanic 1
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Field Personnel Manager
Salary: Commensurate with experience + Benefits
The candidate will be responsible for install of ductwork,
galvanized, stainless steel, aluminum, fibrous duct board, spiral
or round with s-slip/ drive, flanged or welded, per duct shop
drawings and/or cut tickets in a safe, neat and orderly manner.
* Install fire dampers, smoke dampers and fire/ smoke dampers per
code and manufacturer installation guidelines.
* Must be able to make field alterations to ductwork, such as
3-piece offsets, 1-piece offsets, 90-degree, 45-degree elbows and
transitions, to adjust to field conditions when required.
* Layout and install mechanical equipment to include, but not
limited to, terminal unit boxes, fan coil units, exhaust fans
(utility vent sets, sidewall, in-line, ceiling, centrifugal up
blast and downflow), split system A/C units, AHUs and RTUs.
* Layout and install roof support systems for mechanical equipment
and ductwork, to include equipment rails, equipment stands, duct
stands, roof curbs and tie-downs per NOA attachment details.
* Install louvers per manufacturers NOA attachment detail.
* Layout and install ductwork and equipment hangers using duct
strap, threaded rod, hanging wire, unistrut and angle using tools
such as laser, saws, hammer drills and powder actuated guns, when
allowed and with certification.
* Install grilles, registers and diffusers to include, but not
limited to, lay-in grilles, surface mount grilles, linear diffusers
and laminar flow diffusers.
* Seal ductwork per plans and specifications.
* Must be able to read and comprehend plans and specifications.
* Inspect, examine and test all duct work systems by using duct
pressure test machine, observation, or other methods and know how
to use said duct pressure test machine.
* Accept, unload, and store material and equipment deliveries in a
safe and productive manner.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bring optimization to work every day.
* Always be in control of your destiny.
* Never stop learning.
* Confidentiality is essential.
For consideration, candidates must have 1 to 3 years of experience
as well as have a great attitude and be a team player.
* Must always put SAFETY FIRST.
* 3 plus years of experience.
* Must have reliable transportation and willing to go to jobsites
in the areas we work.
* Must own all hand tools needed to perform as a sheet metal
mechanic per list provided at hiring.
* Must be a team player and take pride in all work.
* Must be able to work overtime as required.
* Each employee has a responsibility for their own safety, the
safety of their co-workers, and the community in which they are
* Check in with building personnel before performing work.
* In the performance of duties and responsibilities, you are
expected to observe all safety, health, and loss prevention rules,
practices, and procedures, as well as specific instructions related
to the safe and efficient performance of your work.
* Employees must wear all Personal Protective Equipment required
for the safe performance of the job.
* An effective and viable safety, health, and loss prevention
program will be attained only when all employees are safety
conscious and keenly aware, both mentally and physically, of the
potential hazards of your environment.
Keywords: William R. Nash, Fort Lauderdale , WRN - Sheet Metal Mechanic 1, Engineering , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!