Director Data Engineering
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: November 22, 2021
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of
ViacomCBS that comprises many of the world's most popular
multimedia entertainment brands, including Nickelodeon, Comedy
Central, MTV, VH1, Paramount, BET, CMT, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nick
Jr., Logo, Nicktoons, TeenNick, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe and
Paramount Channel and more. ViacomCBS is home to premiere global
media brands that build compelling television programs, motion
pictures, short-form content, apps, games, consumer products,
social media experiences, and other entertainment content for
audiences in more than 180 countries.-- Overview &
Do you love working with data? Are you interested in Data Science,
Analytics, and Engineering? Do you have a proven track record of
leading a team of engineers? If so, ViacomCBS Digital Streaming
offers an opportunity to unleash those skills across media
environments spanning Entertainment, Sports, and News on sites like
Paramount+,-- CBS.com ,-- CBSSports.com , and CBSNews.
As a Data Engineer Director, you will be part of a high-performing
team within the Data Insight Group's Data Management and
Engineering team. You will be collaborating with Business
Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, Marketing, Finance, Product, and
other engineering teams, building out scalable Data products and
solutions that power business decisions.
- Technical lead for strategic initiatives on data in support of
Viacom Streaming group and advocate solutions across BUs.
- Recruit, provides leadership, coaching, mentorship, and
visibility to a diverse team of Data/Software Engineers.
- Define and develop the technical roadmap aligned with the
stakeholder leadership team's vision and strategy.
- Collaborate with other engineering managers across ViacomCBS to
determine best practices, opportunities for collaboration around
data management, software engineering, and infrastructure.
- Plan and be accountable for delivering systems and tools that
extract patterns from large data sets and transform data into an
informational advantage and implement them into live systems.
- Partner with business users, product, marketing, data
analytics, and data science teams in delivering a data engineering
roadmap that supports sustainable growth & retention for the
- Optimize data pipelines for performance and scalability.
- At a minimum, BS degree in Statistics, Engineering,
Informatics, Computer Science, or similar quantitative degree with
a demonstrated passion for data science and data engineering.
- 5+ Years and strong experience in one of these components: Data
Engineering, Software Development, Data Science, or Big Data
- 4+ years leading a team of engineers with various
- Solid experience with data engineering on big data platforms as
well as sound software engineering principles.
- Experience working in a cloud platform (Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in Python and Python Web and/or MVC frameworks.
- Skillful in large-scale data in structured and unstructured
- Posses the ability and drive to learn new tools, frameworks,
and technologies and stay on top of data science and management
- Experience in Agile Methodology and Tools.
- Proactive and strategic thinker with strong written and verbal
- Experience with Github or other version control systems.
- Familiarity with exploratory data analysis using tools like
Jupyter Labs, Pandas & matplotlib, etc.
- Experience with Apache Airflow.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics (Omniture) or Google
- Experience working with Log Level Datasets.
- Experience with REST-based services (calling, building).
#FV7551 ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including
disability/vet At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into
everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and
movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact
outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access,
resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of
all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is
an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity,
ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability,
gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. If you are
a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you
may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited
in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result
of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by
calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org . Only messages left for this
purpose will be returned.
Keywords: ViacomCBS--, Fort Lauderdale , Director Data Engineering, Engineering , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!