Full Stack Engineer
Company: American Express
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: February 22, 2021
You Lead the Way. We've Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people
and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways.
Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to
move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people
to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining
what's possible - and we're proud to back each other every step of
the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse
community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to
deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
You won't just shape the world of software.
You'll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works,
but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it
every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives
are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and
fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you're
interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an
impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won't just keep up, you'll break new ground.
- The Candidate should have solid experience building scalable
cloud native applications.
- Perform hands on coding and configuration to deliver solutions
that impact multiple platforms and products.
- Debug complex issues spanning multiple systems.
- Partner with stakeholders to continuously upgrade Enterprise
platforms as per industry standards and Technology stack latest
- Harness the opportunities to build Intellectual Property within
the team and for the enterprise.
- Develop and improve our CI/CD workflow tools and processes
- Perform test automation.
- Promote inner sourcing.
- Evangelize industry best practices.
- Seek to understand your customer's needs and problems
- Learn new technologies and drive opportunities for
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or
other technical discipline, or equivalent 5-8 years of work
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in API/Web Service Development
and 8 years of experience in Java/J2EE/Web Development or similar
- Thorough understanding of RESTful, JSON, XML, SOAP, HTTP, web
services technologies, and data structure fundamentals, with
experience in multi-threaded programming
- Experience working with testing libraries (like Junit, Mockito,
- Familiar with CICD (using Jenkins, Maven, JMeter, etc.)
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- Detailed understanding of application flows, proactive
monitoring needs of production systems
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
business partners and technology teams
- Very strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills
with the ability to resolve infrastructure (cloud) and application
issues in Production environment
- Direct application monitoring and work towards implementing
automated monitoring scripts.
- Experience on integration and usage of APM tools like App
Dynamics, Dynatrace, Prometheus, etc
- Deployment and troubleshooting experience in containerized
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency and dedication to
- Source control (Git, Bitbucket, Svn, Stack overflow, etc.)
- Creativity & Problem-Solving Skills
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- aptitude for technology; curiosity, passion and startup
- Innovative thinking
- Experience with Splunk, ELK, etc - writing queries, building
dashboards, configuring alerts, and reports
- Experience on modern databases (Redis, Couchbase ..)
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts such as Incident, Change, Problem
management and support procedures
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2021, 11:20:37 AM
Keywords: American Express, Fort Lauderdale , Full Stack Engineer, Engineering , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!