SENIOR DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING OPERATIONS
Company: Ultimate Kronos Group (UKG)
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: February 20, 2021
This role is a strategic, leadership position within the
Development organization working closely with Engineering
leadership to define and deliver continuous analytics for the
organization, drive organizational operational programs, and
provide insight on priorities and strategy that will improve the
customer experience. Expertise in software development, product
development, business analytics and reporting is a requirement.
Ideally, you will also have a background in either engineering
management or technical program management in a SaaS and agile
environment. Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- You are someone with a strong customer obsession, experienced
in process and product improvement to deliver outstanding results
to a variety of internal and external customers.
- You're data-driven, skilled in defining goals and achieving
results, and you excel in an intense, dynamic work
- You are tech-savvy and also work well across an organization,
forming strong partnerships with internal stakeholders in
Operations, Product, and Engineering teams and critical external
- You define metrics to measure performance, set goals for
improvement in each area, and work with the responsible teams to
systematically improve and sustain high performance.
- Define and champion new Engineering and business metrics for
understanding Engineering productivity, velocity, and delivery
capacity - for product & site operations.
- Expand and evolve Engineering metrics and reporting to increase
the level of transparency and KPI based reviews & decisions within
Engineering, and at the company exec level.
- In this highly-visible role, you'll be responsible for growing,
managing, and reporting on both day-to-day operations and strategic
projects that enable UKG to scale
- In this role, you are in a strategic, leadership position
within the Development organization - working closely with
Engineering leadership to define and deliver continuous KPIs and
analytics for the organization, as well as driving organizational
- You will take point on evolving Engineering strategic and
tactical KPIs and providing insight on priorities and strategy.
Bringing a level of expertise with software development, product,
business analytics and reporting is a requirement. Ideally, you
will also have a background in either Engineering management or
technical program management in a SaaS and agile environment.
- Partner with Technical Program Managers and Scrum Masters to
tie together and cascade Engineering reporting across all product
areas and initiatives in an effective and efficient manner.
- Assist the SVP of Development with the planning and management
of other Engineering operational initiatives, such as Engineering's
interaction with Product or Sales events.
- Experience within an Engineering organization, working directly
with SVP/VP level leadership; minimum 3 years total
- Engineering management or technical program management
experience; minimum 12 years total
- Experience developing and introducing new software development,
product, business, operations, and people-related metrics
- Hands-on experience planning and running large organizational
or operational initiatives from start to finish
- Exceptional verbal and written communication; skilled with
communication at all levels
- Self-driven and takes initiative when confronted with
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills; ability to
influence without authority
- Strong technical aptitude/affinity; experience working with
software, test, and/or system engineers
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with a high rate of change.
- Hire, mentor and scale a high performing small team that
includes both strategic and operational functions.
- Develop a long-term strategy for business process outsourcing
across teams, providers, and countries.
- Define metrics in a rapidly growing and ambiguous environment
and hold both internal and external teams accountable to
- Drive root-cause analysis of existing customer pain points in
partnership with product and engineering teams.
- Foster a culture of process improvement and defect elimination
to improve the customer experience.
- Partner with engineering to automate and simplify current
manual business processes.
- Manage rhythm of the business, i.e., drive increased visibility
for our leadership team into external partner business performance
and opportunities for growth. We are looking for someone who has:
- BA/BS with 9+ years of experience, Master's degree
- Experience building and scaling large-scale strategic and
cross-functional programs from the ground-up.
- Experience developing and deploying organizational strategies
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate relentless discipline in
- Strong ownership, bias for action, and willingness to roll-up
your sleeves to get the job done.
- You've built and worked across high-functioning teams; and
served as coach and mentor to the team while scaling in new
- Passion and empathy for the customers you serve.
- Demonstrated track record of building and growing
high-performance teams that can deliver results against multiple
- Strong deductive skills and data-driven orientation.
- Ability to influence without authority to partner with
- Experience in a B2B environment with unique and varied customer
needs. Disclaimer: This job description has been written to provide
an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the
general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a
comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities,
and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job.
Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that
other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with
disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate
statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable
accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the
Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the
Company's online employment application, please contact It has come
to our attention that some people have been contacted online by
persons impersonating job recruiters for Ultimate Software. These
fraudulent "recruiters" have used Gmail accounts to contact, and
have requested personal information, such as depositing a check to
purchase work-related supplies. These are not legitimate recruiters
or job offers, and do not represent Ultimate Software. To safely
apply for and view open positions at Ultimate Software, please
click "Apply" and follow the instructions. Note that our recruiter
emails always come from an official ultimatesoftware.com email
address. If you suspect you have been the victim of this or a
related fraud, immediately contact your financial institution, and
then file a complaint with the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint
Center at . If you shared other personal or sensitive information,
you may need to take additional actions relative to what was
shared. Your local law enforcement department may also be able to
assist. For any general security related questions regarding
Ultimate, feel free to email - provided by Dice
Keywords: Ultimate Kronos Group (UKG), Fort Lauderdale , SENIOR DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING OPERATIONS, Engineering , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!