Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Company: First Vehicle Services
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: October 15, 2020
Join First Vehicle Services as Heavy Equipment Technician
We service heavy/construction equipment and vehicles such as
backhoes, excavators, dump trucks, generators, street sweepers,
loaders , dozers, gradalls, excavators for City of Fort
Now offering $2,000 Sign-On or Relocation Bonus! (Conditions apply.
Offer expires 12/1/2020)
Shift: Monday-Friday 3:30 pm-12 am
Were Proud to Offer You:
- $20-$30 Hourly Wages based on experience and qualifications +
ASE Certifications earn you bonus money!
- $2,000 Sign-On Bonus! (conditions apply)
- A Clean and Positive Work Environment!
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and
401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick
- Company-provided ASE training and testing materials
- Opportunities for advancement nationwide! (Many of our
executives were once techs)
Heavy Equipment Technician ResponsibilitiesInclude:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to First Vehicle Services
Standards of Excellence
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
- Working with all vehicle components include engine, driveline,
electrical, brakes, suspension, steering, exhaust, cab, chassis,
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately
- Evaluating completed work prior to release
- Performing road calls and emergency services as
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area
- Properly using state of the art paperless maintenance
- Actively participating in safety and educational training as
Heavy Equipment Technician Qualifications:
- Technical school training is a plus!
- Minimum 3 years of experience with performing preventive
maintenance, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing heavy
- Excellent communication & teamwork skills
- Valid driver's license; Ability to obtain CDL while
- Appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Ability to obtain two (2) ASE or EVT certifications within
first year of employment.
- Pre-employment background check and drug screen required
So, Who Are We?
We are First Vehicle Services (A Division of FirstGroup America) a
leader in diverse fleet management and maintenance throughout North
America. Since 1981, weve provided efficient and cost-effective
vehicle management and maintenance services to governments, school
districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports,
universities, and private organizations across the United
Dont Wait! Apply Today!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, Fort Lauderdale , Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Engineering , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!