Company: Citrix Systems
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 16, 2020
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our
technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are
relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from
anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for
ever-improving performance drive our company and our people
forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
What we're looking for:
Someone to serve as the Lead Genesys Design Engineer in a large
global enterprise to develop and recommend scalable solutions and
ensure that initiatives support the corporate vision.
As the Lead Genesys Engineer you will provide the planning, design,
operations, acquisition, and implementation of the company s
communications system. You will need to evaluate company
requirements to determine whether an internal or other operating
system is more appropriate. You will also conduct project planning,
cost analysis and vendor comparisons as well as perform traffic
study analysis to determine best configuration of systems.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Accountable for using project lifecycle methodology including the
creation of project plans, charters, budgetary estimates, and
- Will participate and/or lead project teams as a technical
resource to deliver solutions that follow best-practice
- Provides Tier 4 engineering and Tier 3 support during critical
incidents as necessary.
- Participate in strategic planning process and assist with
managing strategic vendor relations.
- Lead select team initiatives with other engineers for new
technology introductions / deployments, and establishing
- Will function in a customer-facing role gathering requirements
and working on strategic planning on an annual / quarterly
- Provide training materials and documentation for operations hand
off and customer communications.
- Work with business units to understand and gather requirements
for projects and system enhancements.
- Effectively translate business requirements into high-level
design documentation. Estimate level of effort and document scope
of implementation. Determine potential impact to data and systems
resulting from projects, enhancements, and production support.
- Support the operations team during the transition into
- Must be self-motivated with strong interpersonal, communication,
presentation, and organizational skills
- Ability to work and team effectively with clients, management,
and staff members in a multi-tiered, fast-paced, international
- Experience working in previous operations role highly recommended
with some design/implementation exposure
- Proven experience in large global enterprise telephony
environment performing in a role influencing technology selection,
projects, and architectures
- Proven knowledge and experience with implementing at least 1
Cloud based Voice Solution (Cisco, Avaya Cloud, Genesys PureCloud,
8x8, RingCentral, etc.)
- Experience Implementing and Supporting Genesys PureConnect (aka
Interactive Intelligence) solutions
- Avaya Voice Communication Infrastructure including Media Servers,
Modular Messaging, CMS, Avaya Interaction Center, PBX/Automatic
Call Distributor (ACD), Interactive Voice Response (IVR), and
Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) is desired.
- Avaya Telephony certifications are strongly recommended
- Experience migrating Premise based Voice solutions to a Cloud
based Voice solution.
- Experience with Skype for Business or Teams implementations.
- Understanding of SIP components such as Session Manager and
Session Border Controller (SBC) is desired
- Ability to translate technical recommendations into a visual
format for presentation to non-technical stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience and/or certifications in Project
Management (PMI) a plus
- Familiarity with basic networking concepts
- Significant experience in Project Management and/or
- Travel may be required
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area obtained through advanced
education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of
- Requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum
5 years of prior relevant experience; or a Master s degree with 3
years; or a PhD without experience
What you re looking for:
Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to
work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It s a simple
philosophy that guides everything we do including how we work. If
you re an engineer, we ll give you plenty of ways to test your
skills on cutting edge technology. We want employees to do what
they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If this sounds
like you then we d love to talk.
Functional Area:Telecommunication Services
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create
a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work
whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and
collaboration is what we re all about. The Perks: We offer
competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You
ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We ll give you
all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and
local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of
age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier
status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical
conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix
Recruitment Policy Notice at
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with
disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request
for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of the job application process,
please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving
Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles
of similar qualifications.
Keywords: Citrix Systems, Fort Lauderdale , Genesys Engineer, Engineering , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!