Director of Continuing Professional Education
Company: National Society of High School Scholars
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: February 25, 2021
National Society of High School Scholars
- Director of Continuing Professional Education C Director of
Continuing Professional Education The Collaborative Institutional
Training Initiative (CITI Program), a division of BRANY, was
established in 2000 and joined BRANY in May 2016. CITI Program is a
leading provider of research education content. Its web-based
training materials serve millions of learners at academic
institutions, government agencies, and commercial organizations in
the U.S. and around the world. CITI Program's mission is to provide
educational content that promotes the quality of, and public trust,
in the research enterprise. Founded in 1998 and owned by four
leading academic medical centers - NYU School of Medicine,
Montefiore Medical Center, Icahn School of Medicine, and Northwell
Health, BRANY is the premiere resource for research support
services for hospitals, academic medical centers and investigators.
BRANY's services, which are designed to improve research efficiency
and quality, include an array of outsourced clinical trial start up
services such as IRB review, contracting and Medicare coverage
analysis. BRANY IRB was the first IRB in New York to be accredited
by AAHRPP. BRANY is also the developer of Protocol Builder--, an
award-winning protocol writing tool for investigator-initiated
research. General Summary/Objective: Responsible for the growth of
CITIs Continuing Professional Education (CE/CME) program and
revenues. Set and meet annual revenue targets. Plan and manage
budgets responsibly. Identify strategies, plans and operations for
the diversification and growth of certified activities and modes.
Build and maintain long-term strategic relationships with key
external stakeholders/partners toward expanding CITI Program
visibility and securing new credit types. Instrument all required
application materials to the exact specifications of providers.
Create marketing campaigns/communications to increase demand for CE
certificates and heighten visibility of services with users.
Develop needs-based strategic and operational online educational
enhancements to improve learners experiences and satisfaction.
Devise plans to maximize assistance to learners through customer
support. Evaluate programs effectiveness annually. Work with
internal units to successfully actualize all plans.
- Responsible for the on-going and long-term growth of the CITI
Program CE/CME services.
- Direct strategic planning for the diversification and expansion
of CE/CME products offerings and delivery methodologies.
- Build relationships with national and international
professional societies/associations, advocacy organizations,
academic institutions, and key thought leaders toward the growth
and differentiation of CITIs CE/CME Program.
- Set priorities, develop and implement short and long-term
operational goals and objectives for the unit.
- Secure internal resources necessary to achieve annual
- Develop pricing policies for CE products and services.
- Set and achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Develop and monitor annual budgets and operational forecast for
- Manage, coordinate all functions and services of program.
- Maintain and develop all departmental Standard Operating
- Develop metrics to measure effectiveness of program.
- Conduct an annual evaluation of the overall program.
- Maintain knowledge of regulations and policies impacting CE
- Work with CME providers to ensure compliance with accreditation
- Ensure all course certification documentation and procedures
meet quality standards of CME providers.
- Develop and maintain online CE/CME FAQs.
- Propose strategies and plans to promote sales of CE products
through customer support.
- Develop systems to provide accurate and timely support to
learners seeking CE awards.
- Track and record issues reported by learners seeking to qualify
for and purchase CE awards online.
- Identify potential online enhancements to simplify and speed up
delivery of CE awards.
- Participate, plan, design and help implement improvements in
user experience interacting with the various website CE/CME
screens, FAQs, and processes.
- Provide training for all staff interacting with CE/CME division
as needed. Expectations for all employees:
- To support the BRANY mission of providing exceptional
administrative and educational services to enhance the quality and
efficiency of clinical trials within the global research
- Use time management skills to complete assignments, meet
deadlines, and keep Management informed of progress. Promptly
notify management of deficiencies. Additional hours may be
mandatory to meet deadlines.
- Uses communication skills to establish and maintain good
- Uses writing skills to effectively communicate via email and
- Works independently, takes initiative, and troubleshoots daily
routine problems as they occur.
- Develops or recommends a plan of corrective action for
- Works as a team member on special nonrecurring and ongoing
- Participate on sub-committee(s) as needed. (*)
- Arrive to work punctually and have good attendance.
- Present him/herself in a professional manner.
- Treat fellow coworkers with respect and consideration.
- Attend all required staff, and department meetings. (*)
- Assist with making accommodations for disabled individuals in
order to ensure access to the BRANY organization and services.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
time. (*) Non-Essential Functions will be noted by asterisk (*).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. EEO and
Accommodations: BRANY is committed to having a diverse population
and a policy of equal opportunity for all employees, and applicants
for employment, without regard to race, color, creed/religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics, genetic
predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status,
marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a
veteran or special disabled veteran, or citizenship status, in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. BRANY also
recognizes same sex marriages and the employment rights of those in
the LGBT community. Requirements Education required:
- Bachelors degree in Science, Nursing, Education, Business,
Marketing, or a related discipline. Experience Required:
- Seven plus years of relevant and successful work experience
with growing responsibilities leading, managing, developing and
evaluating a continuing medical education program in an academic
setting, a medical association, a membership society, or in
healthcare or research industry (medical education company or
continuing professional education in pharma or research
- Some familiarity with instrumentation of organizational
accreditation processes, such as ACCMEs Self-study Report, IACETs
accreditation application, or other relevant processes.
- Membership in a continuing professional education association
(SACME, ACEHP, GAME, others).
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience
and/or certifications will be considered. Knowledge/Skills
- Sound working knowledge of how CE programs function, how to
work with accrediting organizations and how to operationalize CE
awards through an online learning management system.
- Solid knowledge of standards and requirements by approvers
(ACCME, ANCC, APA, others, for maintenance of competence and
re-certification in the healthcare professions (MDs, Psychologists,
Nurses, Pharmacists, Social Workers, other healthcare related
professions), and in clinical research fields (CIP, CPIA, CCRC,
CCRA, CPI, etc...).
- Expert knowledge of continuing professional education
terminology and language, of formulation of needs assessment and
- Experience instrumenting application materials required by
CE/CME providers for the designation of CE/CME credits.
- Understanding of sales, marketing, project management and
customer support principles.
- Experience conducting, participating in, successfully
completing cross-unit/multi-stakeholders projects without
- Comfortable composing with multiple functions and priorities to
- Ability to work with all levels of management and participate
effectively on a team.
- Enthusiastic, results-driven individual with the ability to
track and measure goals and objectives to determine
- Self-starter, self-motivated, creative problem-solver used to
work with minimal supervision.
- Disciplined, detail oriented, highly organized, dependable and
used to perform under deadlines and pressure.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation
- Experience using Zoom, Teams and other web-based video
conferencing tools. Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL preferred, or
remote US for the right candidate. Physical Demands and
Environment: Standard, quiet office environment. Sedentary work
that primarily involves sitting/standing. Communicating with others
to exchange information. Repeating motions that may include the
wrists, hands and/or fingers. Travel: Occasional travel to the Ft.
Lauderdale office may be required, even for 100% telecommuting
employees. Occasional professional travel. Job Information
- Job ID: 55893091
- Position Title: Director of Continuing Professional
- Company Name: CITI Program, a division of BRANY
- Job Function: Executive
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Experience: 7-10 Years
- Required Travel: 10-25% View your connections at CITI Program,
a division of BRANY LinkedIn Jobs You May Like C Director of
Continuing Professional Education CITI Program, a division of...
Keywords: National Society of High School Scholars, Fort Lauderdale , Director of Continuing Professional Education, Education / Teaching , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!