Patient Care Coordinator - Oncology Office
Company: Holy Cross Hospital
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: September 17, 2020
A member of Trinity Health, Holy Cross Hospital is a full-service,
non-profit, Catholic, teaching hospital operating in the spirit of
the Sisters of Mercy.
This is a FT position on day shift with benefits. This position is
physically located at the HCMG Oncology office.Job Description
- Patient Care Coordinator has many roles in their position. They
ensure smooth patient flow throughout the day while multitasking
and taking initiative. They interview patients prior to or on the
first office visit to verify demographic and financial information,
while working within HCMG/hospital policies and procedures.
- Schedule/reschedule patient appointments as required.
- Obtain necessary HMO/PPO referral authorizations for referrals
received from other physicians.
- Obtain authorization from insurance plan for referrals to
Specialists, as directed by our Primary Care Physician.
- Answer phone calls in a prompt, courteous and efficient
- High school diploma from an accredited school or
equivalentExperience & Skills:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT & ICD-9 codes and all
- Excellent communication and customer service
- Previous experience in medical office setting preferred
- Excellent computer skills including typing dictations,
Powerpoint, Excel and Word
- Passing score of 80% or higher on Medical Receptionist test
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity. Associated topics:
aoa, breast, cancer, hem onc, hematology, lah, oncology,
palliative, physician md, radiation
Keywords: Holy Cross Hospital, Fort Lauderdale , Patient Care Coordinator - Oncology Office, Administration, Clerical , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!