Unit Secretary - Full Time Days
Company: Catholic Health Services
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: September 9, 2020
Description: Summary & ObjectiveThe Secretary, Unit performs all
clerical and receptionist duties under the supervision of a
licensed nurse on a specific nursing unit and under the management
of the Director, Nursing Services or designee.Essential
- Performs receptionist and clerical duties on the unit.
- Orders necessary secretarial/office supplies and forms to
maintain functional, organized nursing station.
- Greets and assists patients and/or residents, visitors, family
members, physicians, and other staff looking for assistance.
- Coordinates delivery of all necessary Durable Medical Equipment
(DME) as ordered by physician and/or Nursing Manager.
- Schedules appointments and transportation for residents and/or
patients as ordered by physician and/or Nursing Manager.
- Communicates with family members as necessary for upcoming
patient and/or resident appointments.
- Assembles/dissembles medical charts for all patients and/or
residents upon admission, transfer and/or discharge.
- Forward completed dissembled charts of discharged patients to
the HIM Department
- Thins current medical records charts according to established
policy and forwards to HIM Department if applicable
- Prepares laboratory, radiology and other diagnostic
requisitions according to physician orders.
- Places calls to physicians' offices and to other departments as
requested by nursing management.
- Ensures that each resident has all required resident
identification materials within 24 hours of admission.
- Keeps nursing station clean and clutter free.
- Communicates any problems or concerns to the Manager, Nurse or
designee in a timely fashion.*Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the position.Other Duties
- Maintains flexibility in assignment changes due to census
- Floats to other units as assigned to meet patient and/or
resident care needs.
- Provides orientation to new employees as needed.
- Maintain your required license, certifications and mandatory
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and
- Perform other duties as assigned.Supervisory Responsibility
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull
up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for
extended periods of time, etc.DisclaimerThe job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other
duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned
at any time.EEOC StatementCHS provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.PM19.
Requirements: Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Clear and Active Certified Nursing Assistant certification to
practice in the state of Florida preferred
- CPR certification
- 1 year experience preferred
- Must have knowledge of computer office software
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English
Keywords: Catholic Health Services, Fort Lauderdale , Unit Secretary - Full Time Days, Administration, Clerical , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!