Senior Tax Associate
Company: Templeton & Company
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 22, 2023
We are seeking talented and accomplished professionals who have
been in client-facing roles to join our expanding tax practice in
our Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach offices. This is your
opportunity to use the breadth of your accounting skills to join an
elite and growing local firm CPA that offers many
- This is an upper level tax position.
- You will be responsible for utilizing your educational
background as well as communication and organizational skills by
reviewing and preparing tax returns, performing tax research, and
working with firm Partners, Managers and clients on tax
- Actively supervise most aspects of engagement and work directly
with Partners on 50% of engagements, while working with tax manager
- Experience preparing tax returns for individuals, trusts,
partnerships, S corporations and C corporations.
- Work overtime as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATION
GUIDELINESKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills and an attention to detail. Able to
identify and assist with implementation of tax planning and tax
savings strategies, as well as research and consult on complex tax
- A self-starter, able to perform work with supervision from Tax
Partners and Managers.
- Familiarity with standard tax practices and procedures and the
ability to apply them to each project assigned. General knowledge
of FASB regulations, GAAS, and GAAP. Capable of research and
consulting on tax matters.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to manage and
develop a team.
- Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues or
problems relating to compliance and consulting.
- Familiarity with overall company operations and an ability to
understand correlations between internal operating
- A positive and willing attitude is absolutely
essential!Training and Experience:
- Bachelor's in Accounting required, Master's in Taxation or LLM
a plus, minimum of 2-4 years public accounting experience (Big 4
and / or Regional Accounting firm experience a plus) and strong
demonstrated progress to pursue CPA license if not already
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite environment is required.
Experience with tax technology similar to CCH WK, ProSystem Tax,
Engagement, Fixed Assets is also required.
- C-Corp, Partnership, S-Corp, Individual tax preparation and
review experience is a requirement of the position.
- ASC 740, ASC 740-10, and multi-state experience preferred,
though not required.
- Exceptional client relationship skills are essential.
- Effective writing, communication, and tax research skills are
necessary, experience with tax technology a must.FORT
201 East Las Olas Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Fax: (954) 765-0719
Keywords: Templeton & Company, Fort Lauderdale , Senior Tax Associate, Accounting, Auditing , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...