Vice President - Business Services
Company: Summit Credit Union
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Summit Credit Union, voted top a work place, has an exciting
opportunity to join our growing team as a VP of Business Services
for our new Weston Branch. As the VP of Business Services you will
be responsible for cultivating relationships that translate into
new business for the credit union, and providing education, advice
and a full range of financial services to a variety of businesses
including but not limited to start-up, entrepreneurial and
service-oriented business members, enabling them to increase their
financial power. The market area includes focusing primarily on the
business needs of our existing member base and businesses within a
five mile radius of our branches. -Essential Functions:
- Drive budget and business plan
- Grow business deposits and loans, increase interest and
- Consult with members and potential members to identify needs
and propose solutions to meet those needs.
- Cross-sell a full range of business products and services.
- Analyze credit and financial information of businesses for
- Make lending decisions according to policy and prepare lending
packages for review by senior lenders and the Business Loan
Committee as needed.
- Ensure proper documentation and compliance is in place for all
files in portfolio.
- Conduct an annual review of all loans in assigned portfolio,
and develop positive working relationships with internal and
external auditors and examiners.
- Manage and monitor all loans within assigned portfolio that
have become delinquent or that are otherwise determined to be on
our watch list and keep loan quality at industry accepted
- Relationship management
- Develop partnerships with assigned branches that result in
reciprocating referrals and an enhanced member experience that
addresses both the business and personal needs of our business
- Develop strong working relationships both inside and outside
the department that promote team values and a common purpose to
create a positive member experience through all delivery channels,
processes, procedures, and communications.
- Be involved in community and business development activities
that enhance the credit union's visibility and create new business
- Cultivate and maintain all facets of SEG relationships.
- Work with co-workers, other departments and outside vendors to
advance department operations and projects to increase service
delivery, efficiency and profitability.
- Prepare regular reports on status of business lending portfolio
for senior management.Job Requirements
- Professional well developed interpersonal skills essential for
interacting with credit union staff and members.
- Work requires ability to work accurately with figures and
ability to perform detailed work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or a related field or equivalent
- Five to ten years of financial institution experience with a
minimum of two years in business lending. Expert knowledge of
business lending and related services.
- Proven business development and leadership abilities are
- Expert knowledge of laws and regulations that govern
- Demonstrated ability to provide direction guidance to
- In-depth mathematical skills required (calculations and
concepts involving decimals, percentages, fractions, dividend,
interest, payoff and equity calculations etc).
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and intermediate
knowledge of Excel.
- 401K with match
- Birthday PTO
- Student loan pay back
- and more!At Summit we cover more ground, give more back and
have more fun. Come be a part of something bigger! At Summit Credit
Union, we are committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status or any other characteristic protected by
local, state, or federal law. We embrace diversity and believe that
inclusion is critical to our success as a credit union. Different
makes us better. Employment decisions are made based on
qualifications, merit and business need. - Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Summit Credit Union, Fort Lauderdale , Vice President - Business Services, Accounting, Auditing , Weston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!