Company: Dimension Hospitality LLC Headquarters
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: August 4, 2022
This is the job description for ACCOUNTANT (HOURLY).
Job Title: Accountant (Hourly)
Department: Accounting & Finance
Company: Dimension Hospitality
Reports To: Controller
Job Purpose: Perform Accounting related duties on a professional
level and work closely with the Corporate Accounting team and hotel
personnel. This position carries out responsibilities in the
following functional areas: General Ledger, Balance Sheet,
Financial Reporting, and other related finance projects.
1. Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts and Bank Accounts for assigned
hotels on a monthly basis.
2. Verify, allocate, and post details of business transactions to
accounts into journals, such as sales slips, invoices, receipts,
check stubs, and various reports.
3. Compile reports of financial and statistical data, such as
receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit
and loss, and other items pertinent to operation of business.
4. Works as directed by department leadership to ensure G/L
postings are timely and complete in the General Ledger according to
the published accounting schedule.
5. Apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and
procedures to analyze financial information for preparation of
financial reports for month end.
6. Ensure accurate, timely, and appropriate recording of financial
information in a deadline driven environment.
7. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect
continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services
8. Maintains accounting records and compiles reports using Excel
and proprietary software (Dimension Development Hotel Accounting
Program). To keep records of financial transactions for
organization using calculator and computer.
9. Follow established procedures for keeping records.
10. Use eyes, hands, and fingers at the same time to enter figures
in books and forms, or to operate a calculator or computer.
11. Perform work that is routine yet detailed where accuracy is of
12. Compute, read, and copy large quantities of numbers without
error. Meet productivity and quality assurance goals defined by
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Proficiency in Financial Reporting, General Ledger, Bank
Reconciliations, Balance Sheet Reconciliation.
2. Follow procedures for keeping records.
3. Use eyes, hands, and fingers at the same time to enter figures
in books and forms, or to operate a calculator or personal
4. Perform work that is routine yet detailed.
5. Compute, read, and copy large quantities of numbers without
6. Excel proficiency.
7. Communicates effectively and professionally in both written and
8. Builds strong working relationships and works effectively as
part of a Team. Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively in a
cross-functional team environment and communicate with people at
9. Must meet confidentiality expectations as to confidential,
proprietary and sensitive Company information.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business
Administration, or related discipline preferred, or any equivalent
combination of education and/or relevant experience.
Experience: Hospitality industry experience preferred.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to
add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need
Keywords: Dimension Hospitality LLC Headquarters, Fort Lauderdale , Accountant (hourly), Accounting, Auditing , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!