Senior Internal Auditor (REMOTE)
Company: James Hardie
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Now's your chance to move your career in a new direction -
upward!Consider this. A full time - fully remote opportunity with
James Hardie Building Products. The #1 brand of siding in America.
Globally, we have more than 4,900 employees and generate over $2.5
billion in net sales. We invented fiber cement, and over 8 million
homes later, we continue to set the standard for premium siding and
trim. Of course, to be the best, you have to work with the best.
That's why we invest in more than just quality products; we also
invest in our people. We take pride in the way we take care of our
employees providing a competitive compensation and bonus structure,
best-in-class benefits that start on the first day, exposure to a
global business and development opportunities so you can continue
to grow.The Senior Internal Auditor, reports directly into the
Internal Audit Manager within an Internal Audit function which
identifies opportunities for operational and control improvements
across James Hardie's global business functions. The Internal Audit
function provides assurance to management and the Audit Committee
that controls are in place and working effectively, by performing
fraud investigations and special projects as requested by
management and the Audit Committee. As a Senior Internal Auditor,
you will be responsible for the planning, execution and reporting
of financial and operational audits, fraud investigations and
special projects, and participates in projects associated with
Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).Responsibilities
- Plans and executes audit assignments (financial and operational
audits, fraud investigations) across domestic and international
- Develops risk-based audit plans and presents the audit plans to
- Coordinates audit activities with management prior to and
during the audit.
- Presents findings to management in writing (audit reports) and
- Follows up with management on open issues.
- Conducts and sometimes leads audit work.
- Works independently or as part of a team.
- Reviews and tests the control environment to ensure that it
adequately and effectively ensures: the reliability of financial
reporting; safeguarding of company assets; compliance with
applicable laws and regulations; and the efficiency and
effectiveness of company operations.
- Prepares high quality audit work papers to document procedures
and the results of audit work.
- Performs work paper review.
- Makes recommendations to enhance business processes and
identifies opportunities to improve operational efficiencies
- Conducts projects associated with SOX including: documenting
key processes and controls over financial reporting; evaluates
control design and effectiveness, tests key controls; documents in
work papers; reports findings to management verbally and in
- Assists in the completion of projects assigned by management
and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Assists in the design, documentation and implementation of the
Internal Audit department policies and procedures.The position
responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as
all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications may be required and/or assigned as
necessary.RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in
applying them to plan and perform audits, and execute SOX
- Hands-on experience assessing internal controls in accordance
with auditing standards, COSO, risk assessment practices, technical
aspects of US GAAP accounting and financial reporting.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, critical thinking, and
written/verbal communication skills. Ability to work independently,
with limited guidance, and to work effectively on multiple
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency to get things done and
meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to understand complex accounting and process issues,
and effectively utilize educational tools.
- Strong cost accounting and financial analysis skills.
- Prior experience managing or supervising projects (e.g. audits
with 1-2 assistants) is preferred.Education And Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or business-related
field or Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems or
other Information Technology-related field.
- Two to four years of audit or accounting experience with
increasing responsibility (Big 4 or equivalent preferred).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent is preferred or
in process/eligible. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) a plus.
- Experience working with an audit function as a lead or
- Manufacturing and distribution experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP and data analytical audit tools (e.g. ACL,
Excel, Tableau, IDEA) a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to
40%.About James Hardie Building ProductsLocated in Chicago, James
Hardie Industries plc, manufactures and sells fiber cement products
for interior and exterior building construction applications
primarily in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the
Philippines, and Europe. Its products principally include fiber
cement interior linings, exterior siding products, and related
accessories products. The company offers fiber cement products with
various patterned profiles and surface finishes for a range of
applications, including external siding and soffit lining, internal
linings, facades, floor and tile underlay, lattice, fencing,
decorative columns, flooring, and ceiling applications; and
manufactures and sells fiber reinforced concrete pipes. Its
products are used in various markets, such as new residential
construction, which include single and multi-family housing;
manufactured housing that comprise mobile and pre-fabricated homes;
repair and remodeling; and various commercial and industrial
applications, such as stores, warehouses, offices, hotels, motels,
schools, libraries, museums, dormitories, hospitals, detention
facilities, religious buildings, and gymnasiums.The company markets
its fiber cement products and systems under various Hardie brand
names and other brand names, such as Hardieplank, Artisan Lap and
Artisan Accent Trim by James Hardie, Cemplank siding, Scyon, Secura
flooring, and HardieBacker. The company has historically invested
between 2% and 3% of its annual revenue in research and development
activities focused on process and product development. The business
sells its products directly, as well as through distributors, large
home center retailers, small to medium size dealer outlets, and
specialist distributors to dealers or lumber yards, consumers,
builders, real estate developers, and distributor/hardware
stores.James Hardie Industries plc was founded in Australia in
1888, moving its headquarters to The Netherlands in 2001. In 2010,
the company moved its headquarters again, this time to Ireland.
Today, the company has revenues totaling approximately $2.5
billion, with shares traded on the Irish and Australian markets, in
addition to ADRs traded in the United States.
Keywords: James Hardie, Fort Lauderdale , Senior Internal Auditor (REMOTE), Accounting, Auditing , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!