Business Analyst - Finance (REMOTE)
Company: La-Z-Boy Incorporated
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: January 13, 2022
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
- Leads and conducts definition, design, configuring,
documentation, testing, training, implementation, and support of
system requirements for strategic projects, utilizing the defined
software development life cycle (SDLC) on assigned projects.
Manages issues and reports status to assigned Project Manager.
- Participates in the definition, testing, training,
implementation, and support of Finance and Accounting
- Elicits and documents business requirements using interviews,
workshops, and/or existing systems documentation or procedures to
effectively capture business requirements for systems
upgrades/enhancements. Uses industry standard analysis techniques
to document business requirements such as data flow modeling, use
case analysis, workflow analysis, functional decomposition
analysis, and object modeling.
- Participates in the deployment of Retail Software to La-Z-Boy
Furniture Galleries to include Readiness Assessment, table set and
configuration, data conversion, training, and deployment.
- Develops functional designs (FDD's) to include wire frames,
logical data model, system interfaces, and security requirements,
and reviews with and obtains stakeholder approvals.
- Develops user acceptance test (UAT) plans and test scenarios
and manages the execution of UAT. Documents test results and
monitors and reports testing results and status to IT leadership
- Performs first and second level production support to Retail
systems, including analysis and resolution of assigned
- Manages requirements and functional design through entire
lifecycle - tracks and fully documents change for functional and
business specifications; writes detailed universally understood
procedures for permanent records and for use in training.
- Liaison between departmental end-users and I.T. in the
analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of
information systems to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Participates in documentation of Finance and Accounting
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of Finance and
Accounting computing systems.
- Perform general accounting functions as it relates to system
- Provide orientation and training to end users on the accounting
transactions contained within the Retail Point of Sale system
- Experience with integrations, exports and general accounting
functions to support dealers transitioning to new
- Functional understanding of Accounting reports including
various report writing tools
- Identify areas of potential Accounting business risk and
communicate these to management
- Other duties as assigned
Scope & Impact
This role primarily supports the RMS system, but is used cross
functionally across many La-Z-Boy information systems. The RMS
system supports (6) Retail Distributions Centers across the U.S,
(140+) Retail stores, and (60+) independent dealer stores all
comprising hundreds of users transacting daily on the system that
this role supports. Additionally, the role is responsible for
maintaining an understanding of multiple business disciplines
within the organization to effectively perform the job duties, to
include but not limited to, Retail, Point of Sale, Operations
(warehousing), Merchandising/Purchasing, and Accounting.
- Bachelor's degree with 2 - 4 years of relevant experience or
- Broad Knowledge of Financial and Accounting practices.
- Applied usage of software to execute accounting
- Ability to effectively work with both technical staff and
business process owners.
- Strong communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously and
- Ability to effectively work within cross vertical teams
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, business process modeling
- Must be Finance/Accounting-oriented, enjoy work with new tools,
and a self-motivated learner
- Ability to conduct research into accounting issues and products
- Travel: Up to 20%
- Certified Business Analyst Professional
- Experience with DROOLS, Pentaho, and Business Objects
- Skilled with Project Management and organizational tools
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Office environment / no specific or unusual physical or
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement
opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and
related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and
abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal
opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and
practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital
status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any
other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal
opportunity employer that is committed to working with and
providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a
reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to
submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or
call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be
returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights
as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.
Keywords: La-Z-Boy Incorporated, Fort Lauderdale , Business Analyst - Finance (REMOTE), Accounting, Auditing , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!