IT Audit Risk Supervisor
Company: Marcum LLP
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 20, 2020
Vacancy Name IT Audit Risk Supervisor
Vacancy No VN294
Education Level Bachelor's Degree
Experience Level 5 years
Employment Type Employee
Applications Close Date
Department Name Advisory Services
Work Location Fort Lauderdale, FL
Job Posting Responsibilities Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry,
national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status,
sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other
protected classification under the law.
Job Posting Description Marcum LLP is seeking an IT Audit Risk
Supervisor to join our team in Florida. This position will be
responsible for planning and performing IT/Internal audits related
to Financial, Business Process and Compliance Audits, including
Service Organization Control (SOC) reports and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
Time will be spent in the field at client sites, Approximately 30%
of domestic travel.
- Design and conduct IT, governance, compliance, and security
audit programs by understanding organization objectives, structure,
policies, processes, internal controls, and external
- For scheduled audits assist in the risk assessment, planning,
and audit program development processes. Actively participate in
planning, entrance, and/or exit meetings.
- Complete audit work papers by documenting audit tests and
- Document systems, processes, and controls using
- Understand and communicate the downstream impact on the
business of control deficiencies.
- Identify and recommend business process changes resulting in
strengthened internal controls as it relates to operations,
compliance or reporting (financial or non-financial)
- Collect and analyze complex data, evaluating information and
systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Perform risk analysis of functions and activities to determine
the nature of operations and adequacy of the system of internal
control to achieve established objectives.
- Plan, participate in/or execute assigned SOX testing and
special projects. Preparation of SOX plans, scheduling and
- Work closely with clients' business, technical and project
- Provide oral or written reports for each audit as directed by
the Senior Manager, expressing an opinion on the adequacy of the
internal control structure and its ability to support the goals and
objectives at the client.
- Perform technical reviews of application controls to identify
new/emerging risks and evaluate the impact of these risks within
the overall control environment.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage priorities
to meet deadlines.
- Conduct special purpose or consulting assignments.
- The selected individual must be a self-starter, have the
capability to lead, start and complete assignments with the help of
a team, be part of a team, or individually as needs to be and work
closely with middle and senior level management in order to meet
- Five (5) years minimum internal/IT control experience. Internal
Control and experience with SOX 404 a/b are key.
- Experience working in an IT audit, security, system or network
administration or similar position is highly preferred.
- Bachelors or Masters in Accounting and/or Computer Science or
- CISA, CIA, CFE, CISSP, CRISC, CRMA, ITIL or COBIT are highly
- Knowledge of and experience in utilizing various methodologies
and frameworks, including IPPF, ITAF, COBIT, COSO, ITIL, PCI, ISO
20000 and/or ISO 27001/27002 is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology,
concepts, and practices.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in administration or
assessment of firewalls, LAN, WAN, operating systems (Windows and
Linux), databases, SaaS and other technologies highly
- Experience in creating assessment/audit programs.
- Skill in planning and project management.
- Experience in using CAAT, such as ACL or IDEA.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel (advanced), PowerPoint, Access and
- Ability to work independently under general supervision with
considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Effective verbal and written communications, including active
listening skills and skill in presenting findings and
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working
relationships with co-workers, staff and clients, and to work
effectively in a professional team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Comfortable working multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work ethics and ability to remain independence and objectivity
at all times.
Keywords: Marcum LLP, Fort Lauderdale , IT Audit Risk Supervisor, Accounting, Auditing , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!